flyovrcntry

Dozer Blade Adjustment

flyovrcntry

The dozer blade on my 417-A is not sitting even.It is about an inch lower on one side.My question is what is the best way to level it up.I cannot tell if the frame or bracket is bent.The tires are all the same size and have the same air.

So what is the best leveling method you have found.

post-3821-0-88437400-1389389244_thumb.jp

KC9KAS

Set up on a known level surface.

Put a piece of 4 X 4 lumber under the low side and use a long pry bar to "tweek" the plow A frame.

daveoman1966

Consider this:  Your axle bracket MAY not be bolted central to the gearbox.  The square gearbox tubes taper slightly toward outside dimension and the axle BRACKET may be too far left or right of center.  If this is a viable concern, just loosen the 4 bolts slightly and wiggle the bracket left / right.  In doing this, you MAY find that the center pick-up link to be more on center, thus allowing the dozer blade to be more level.  All I'm sayin' is...change the center of gravity at the lift point. 

The integrity of the pivot bolt MAY also factor in...  

boovuc

I have honestly never had a plow blade level on any tractor. They seem to be "off" though some may be way off. You can tweak the plow frame as advised above and also play with the mount bracket to make it better but even if you do get it perfect.......it most likely won't stay that way after use.

ARK

When I installed my plow I had the plow blade sitting on a level surface and the A frame sitting on 4 x4 at the rear.  Brackets installed and from the book closer to the right with a black mark with the measurement.  Snug only the rear brackets until the plow rear is locked in, the ears locked and lubricated.  Remove all wood spacers, install index arm, install metal spacer for lifting.

Raise and lower the blade and check for level, raise and lube the A frame.  If all is square the blade lifts and rides square.

Polish the blade surface for snow removal and oil the steel wear bar.

If blade is off square loosen rear clamps slightly then with a crow bar or stick counter twist the A frame at front gently, snug rear brackets and check level.

Tighten rear clamps when square/level

Try the plow out

RJMcEachern

Watching this as mine is off "kilter" a wee bit...

RJMcEachern

Tankman

Twist the frame little at a time, the blade will eventually transport level.

Bumping an object with the dozer blade will often cause the out of level condition. Twist the fame and get on with it, transport level.

JC 1965

Yea,  My 48 inch blade is a little bit lower on one side.    :banghead:  Will have to try to persuade it to level out.    :hide: