diggerjames

D200 restoration

meadowfield

Hi mark I'm sure mine are 26 x12x12 British rubber do them £ 81 .00 each plus vat cheers

James

btw, if you are looking at HF255 26x12-12 duros I can get them for £86 each inc VAT (£172 for the pair delivered)

diggerjames

A little bit more progress this morning what do people think about led spot lights I have some what fit nearly perfect int the holes the originals are sealed units and the bulbs have gone ! After your advice people

James

post-12304-0-02394600-1396360322_thumb.j

post-12304-0-56398900-1396360343_thumb.j

meadowfield

Led spots are fine!  Landy reversing lights with LED bulbs work well in those slots too. We've done a lot of swapping sealed units for Defender units and 68 LED bulbs....

wheeledhorseman

I think the headlamp choice is a personal thing. My preference is for originality, particularly for showing. Without seeing the lens pattern on the LED ones youv'e got it's difficult to comment further on whether they'd look ok or not.

The OEM for the sealed units was, I think GE. They did sell them here for a while but dropped them from their range as I guess they didn't sell enough. They're cheap as chips in the US from general lamp distributors but expensive here as a Hayter / Toro part.

Re tyres: here's what I have. The older style rear wheels on mine have 27 x 8.50 x 15 ags, the newer style wheels have 26 x 12.0  x 12 all terrain knobbly patterned Goodyears.

Andy

[Edit] forgot to mention when I gave you the filter part numbers a tip I got from a Kohler guy - before fitting the new engine oil filter, half fill it with oil and let it soak into the filter. I think it helps the pump prime the system quicker. Didn't make too much mess but have a rag handy.

Edited by wheeledhorseman

diggerjames

Cheers Andy il bear that in mind I need to source a new oil gauge as the needle has broke on mine any ideas folks were i can get one many thanks cheers James

rtfbg

Sometimes, you have to work backwards a bit ... if you are gonna keep the factory 4-1/2" holes in the panel, then you need to start here .

..http://www.easternmarine.com/peterson-4-1-2-round-light-grommet-426-18

This is the hard part!!  Once you have a line on the grommets that fit the holes, then shop for lights that fit the grommets!!!

Bottom line advice ... don't buy lites till you have the rubbers!!!

diggerjames

Thanks to meadowfield for the tyre link I'm ordering the tyres today ! Good price cheers Mark James

diggerjames

Starting to re fit the dash today and start a complete rewire , I've had to order a complete new set of gauges due to them been u/s . I retired the starter and ignition and with a quick flick she burst straight into life :))

Cheers James

post-12304-0-30478000-1396451874_thumb.j

meadowfield

good news on it all up and running again

diggerjames

A good day tomorrow Mark and it should be more or less mobile just waiting on fuel tank to be mended etc then it's 3 point linkag design time

Cheers James

rtfbg

Whoa there James ... chat a bit about this mending of fuel tanks!!!   That's an "every unit" problem with D's ... the mounting holes are too small, and there is no cushion to allow tiny stress movements in the frame to be absorbed , they are transmitted directly into the tank structure, resulting in cracks, on every tank, sooner or later.  So, how are you planin' on mending yours???

When you remount yours, drill out the holes to 3/8", and cut out some leather washers from one of your old trouser belts to put between the tank and the chassis!!  No more cracks!!

diggerjames

It's not cracked it's corroded under the mounting bolt which snapped off and revealed a pin size hole my mate tom ( Dibna) as he's known as in here is going to silver solder it back up well that's the plan any way ?

rtfbg

Keep us posted on how that goes ...  always looking for way to fix that!!

thx!!

wheeledhorseman

Be interested in what gauges and senders you're using and if they work ok.

Andy

Jparkes43

Be interested in what gauges and senders you're using and if they work ok.

Andy

I know a good set of gauges ;-)

James

diggerjames

Hi Andy durite do a universal kit for the oil pressure with different fittings for the block which is about £30 and the ammeter and oil temp are about £20 each they should arrive today , more pics to follow James

diggerjames

The new gauges have come gonna fit this afternoon

post-12304-0-82210500-1396522127.jpg

meadowfield

sweet!  auction/web or local purchase?

diggerjames

Local auto electrical not much change out of a £ 100 tho but they do come with senders etc .

Cheers James

diggerjames

Hi folks been busy this afternoon total retired the dash and fitted the new gauges in which all work perfectly, I'm wondering now wether to get a hour meter your advice on this would be appreciated, and I've fitted an electric fuel pump Ashe vacuum unit had failed . The gauges also come illuminated so I've wired that up as well your opinions are welcome on this cheers

James

post-12304-0-14986300-1396545508.jpg

post-12304-0-14815100-1396545536.jpg

post-12304-0-69080700-1396545558.jpg

wheeledhorseman

Love those dials James, may just have to do that with my D-200s. The original oil pressure guages are a real pain, neither of mine work correctly. I found it's not the guages but the senders which start playing about. I think I found you can still get the senders from Kohler but the price was sky high so I didn't bother. I wouldn't mind having your old sender off the Kohler to perform an autopsy.

Re the hours meter, I have one D-200 with and one without (like yours). They're important with a hydro transmission if the tractor is a worker, so much so that I added one to my C-120 Auto so that I know when the tranny oil change and filter are due. My second D is used as a yard tug and it will be years before it ever needs a new filter so I haven't bothered adding a meter in the blank hole but i am thinking of adding a tacho into the spare hole. If your D is for showing then I don't think it's that important to have an hours meter. Just my opinion.

Re fuel pumps - wise move! Put an electric one on the first D and it has started on the button ever since. Tried a new pulse pump on the second D. It was NOS for a Kohler Magnum I think but mouted ok. It works fine but suffers from the drain back to tank when left standing for long periods so I'm going to put an electric one on that too.

You're doing a fine job there James :thumbs:

Andy

diggerjames

Cheers andy are you going to Newby by any chance if so I can bring the old sender .

meadowfield

Gets better every day, I'd stick the hour meter in! They are cheap, useful and fill blank holes really well :D

diggerjames

Thanks mark probably won't look as good in the flesh but it will definatley be presentable !

Cheers James

meadowfield

What's left to do?

Tyres and wheels?