buckhornbob

44" 2 Stage Snowthrower -need crank dimensions

buckhornbob

Hi

I bought a 522xi last summer and have had some issues getting it running properly.  Finally took it to a dealer (hated to do that but sometimes you just have to grin and ...) and have been told I should have it back on Monday.

Today I was getting the blower ready to install and I can't find the crank to rotate the chute.  I am sure it came with the unit but we have downsized from a farm this year and many things have disappeared into nooks and crannies.

My friend is a pretty handy metal work guy and I am sure he can make me a substitute crank but it would be really helpful if I hade some dimensions to pass along.

All I need is the rod chute control part # 98–3090 - I have the crank support and the universal joint connection.

Bet as soon as I get one the other one will miraculously appear.

Any help appreciated.

Bob

Rick_in_CT

Hi Bob, I have the same blower on my 522xi. I'm out right not but when I get home I will make you a sketch of the crank rod. Mine almost disappears every year. I lean it against the wall in the shed or garage, and seems to fade into the wall. Sorry to hear that you had to take the tractor into the shop, but it sure was not for a lack of trying. I will be interested find out what they replaced and were the diodes are. Rick

5xi Snow Blower Crank Rod0001.pdf

Edited by Rick_in_CT

buckhornbob

Thanks Rick

Glad to know I am not alone with items disappearing.

Bob

rexman72

Bob i have little kids and things disappear all the time including my mind.