Hammerhead

Got a good one on the hook!

Hammerhead

A guy called me on Monday and said he wanted an appraisal on his old WH. He just inherited it from his uncle the original owner. It is in good shape but not running. Turns out it is a nice 1961 Model # 551. The original 5.5 Hp. Tecumseh engine is still intact and complete. They have a bunch of rigged up wiring attached to it, the motor turns over but has no spark. Most of the wires are disconnected. It has the original mower deck with no rust on it no where! It has a factory replacement hood with the slotted grill. The carb and air cleaner are intact and in vgc. Has all of the belt guards in place as well. I told him around $300 then he caught me off guard and wanted to know if I wanted to buy it! I said uhhhh Yes I do! He was going to ask his uncle if he could sell it and he'd give the old timer the cash. Now I am waiting to hear back from him! Dang, I hate to wait for a good Horse! I'll get some pics soon....KJ

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:wh: ON!      :woohoo: 

Reel that sucker in Keith. 

Jake Kuhn

Sounds like a really nice tractor Keith! Hope you end up with it, the replacement hoods are really cool on the suburbans!

speedyleedy

Well Keith all i can say to you another amazing find & Merry Christmas :occasion-xmas:

55rj35jr

Sounds like a good one,let me know if you don't have room for it, I'm sure I can sqeeze it in here :)  Have a Merry Christmas Keith

neil

sounds like Santa as called to you early

Hope you get it

Coadster32

Nice for sure!!

cruisnblue48

That description of your find sounds very much like the 551 Suburban with an open slotted grill replacement hood that I just bought a few months ago. I am headed out to my shed right now to make sure mine wasn't stolen, ha!!! Interestingly enough, I paid $275 for mine non-running as well but got it complete with the belt guard and heat shield you would usually find missing. Mine does not have a mower deck attachment though. So yes indeed, you should snag that one quick as possible. Sounds like a good find.

Edited by cruisnblue48
  • Like 1

KC9KAS

Sounds like you made a very good deal!