JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

ANOTHER HORSE COMES HOME WITH ME TO TO THE BARN !

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Well gentleman,,,,,,,,it happened again. Exactly one week to the day. Another horse comes home. 

I didnt expect this to happen so darn fast. Holy smoke, light a lightning strike.

I just got back from the state of new york, only about 15 miles away from where I bought the 1964-854 last week.

I bought a 1988 ,, 416-8. Got it from the original owner with 644 hours on it. Its no show tractor, just a worker that cut 3/4 of a acre of grass, and towed a lawn cart around. No hard duty and never ant attachments were put to service. The owner gave me all the manuals that came with it from new, and as a bonus he gave me the receipt from where he bought it. So I guess its nice having its history.

I am happy as can be. Taking a stroll on cloud nine.

I am going to send a email with pictures to Bob and ask him to post them for me again, sorry Robert, I just dont have the picture posting down yet. Will work on that. Just happy to have dads tractor.

There will be one more suprise in store by end of week, that is if the snow holds off.

• Like 1

corn53

:woohoo: 

Coadster32

You'll have all winter to learn about pic posting.....go wrangle up them horses!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

(alright Bob...where's those pics??) :hide:

AMC RULES

Jeez...and I thought them Ct guys were bad.   :ychain: 

Now we got these Jersey guys sneaking across the border, rustlin' all our horses too.  

• Like 4

varosd

You'll have all winter to learn about pic posting.....go wrangle up them horses!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

(alright Bob...where's those pics??) :hide:

Giddy up!!!

• Like 3

varosd

Glenn,

Good find! its great that they had all the old manuals etc  

Now you can restore perhaps to it's former glory and still use it as a worker..just well loved and maintained :D

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:   We know how long you've been patiently looking for your  :wh: Glenn.    :text-goodpost:

:handgestures-thumbsup:  Congratulation bud, can't wait to see it.    :popcorn:

squonk

It's always cool when you get a horse from the original owner. When I got Ezra this fall the guy had manuals receipts quotes for other models when he bought it plus the original spark plug that he just changed after 39 years.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

sorry fellas, been trying to do pics. no dice. thanks for the comments, this is my worker.

btw, i need a seat for it, wheres a good place to search? looked on ebay and cl / no dice.

also, the 854 with the stamped pan seat, where can i find the metal backrest for that? imho, that makes the old tractor look. TY

Glenn

• Like 1

JackC

If that is the tractor I think it is that should be a great addition.  With the big block Kohler cast iron engine that is one of the most coveted models .

I did not see much rust on it and it should clean up very nicely.  

After I wash them to get the dirt off, I go over them with WD40 to further clean the paint and bring the shine back.  When more is needed, I use Maguire's paint cleaner to remove scratches and oxidized paint.  You can then apply a good wax.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

hi jack, that is the tractor your thinking of. you pointed it out to a few folks, nice tractor, i really like it, 16 kohlar and 8 speed.

i had it on my radar. very glad i got it. the deck is only 42, i am use to the 54. more seat time, makes it more fun. been in the garage working on that one, the 854, my snowblower, the only thing i didnt do was get the plow on my jeep. oh well.

Glenn

dclarke

Sounds like you picked up a couple of pretty nice horses, Glenn. You'll find lots of help here, these guys are the best!..... One word of caution though, be careful crossing into New York to snipe any more tractors. With the connections those guys have, you might have every cadet at West Point looking for you. :D

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Shirley, you jest Denny...  :hilarious: 

LOL...we're well past that stage. 

Now...where's those  :wh: picts?   :ychain:

:text-worthless:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

Ken B

I saw that one on C/L Glenn. VERY CLEAN. I think you made the right decision on buying that one. Its always nice to purchase a tractor from its original owner, they seem to care for and maintain their stuff very well. You now have two of the best Wheel Horse's that were ever made to work. Congrats!

Sometimes the rear back rest brackets pop up on ebay. I have also converted old office or shop type chair back rests to work. As for a good seat cover for the 854 talk to Buckrancher. The ones on Ebay are cheaply made. Mrs. Buckrancher makes top quality seat cushions that will last forever at an affordable price.

Edited by Ken B

kaiser

the seat i got for my 416-8 clone (gt1600) was from tractor supply, it's not bad. i'm a big dude (300lbs) and it's in fine shape after a long season.

it's pretty close to the original seat, slightly higher back.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

sorry fellas, cant post pics yet. I emailed them to Bob. hes probably busy, frankly I dont like being a bother either. I had no time for trying the pics today, was busy replacing the friction disk on my snow blower, oil, change etc. now I have to get the plow on the jeep. that BIG snow event was just trumped up news bs. only bout 3 to 4 inches here. to morrtow I take a long cruise out to PA. for the snow blower for my 416. hot diggity, cant wait to get that puppy on.

once again, re my 416 pics, no can do. chat later.

Glenn

Desko

Well lets see them pics its been a while lol.