squonk

Post your first snow plowing of the season video's here!!

KC9KAS

Here are a couple of videos and photos of our 1st snow of the 2013-2014 winter.

2013-12-07093250_zps7aa15fe7.jpg

2013-12-07093854_zps5dbdb145.jpg

th_video-2013-12-07-09-28-44_zps0cc1e525 Click for video

th_video-2013-12-07-09-36-12_zps22e308e1 click for video

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 6

Anglo Traction

All crisp and clean looking after a snow fall. Like the Rear Strobe Lights. Thanks for the Vids

RMCIII

Wait, there is something called snow, that is supposed to happen in Cleveland? Huh, I never would have know that. It seems white stuff is evading us all together....

• Like 1

squonk

SANTA OWNS A WHEEL HORSE!!!!!! :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs: 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Ditto on the strobes Santa...

where'd they come from?    :icecream: 

KC9KAS

http://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=BRCS/PROD/MCLALL/TX-TLED-BA

Double Bullseye LED - 16 Diodes   TX-TLED-BA.jpg Quantity in Basket:none
Code: TX-TLED-BA
Price:$8.66
    Choose Your Color: Amber Red   Quantity:   Double Bullseye LED - 16 Diodes - Available in Amber

and Red

The flasher is an alternating electronic flasher.....rather pricey

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 2

squonk

Where did you get the flasher? Napa has those LED lights in the HD line for about the same price. When I worked there we had a "Tin Can' alternating flasher for police and fire headlights. probably discontinued. Might have to do some investigating!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Where did you get the flasher? Napa has those LED lights in the HD line for about the same price. When I worked there we had a "Tin Can' alternating flasher for police and fire headlights. probably discontinued. Might have to do some investigating!

The flasher actually was purchased at a motorcycle rally.

It is a home-made deal and the entire box is only about 1" x 1" x 1" with 5 wires.

1 for power in.

2 for grounding each channel of the flasher.

2 hots for the 2 channels of the flasher.

For LED's you need an electronic flasher due to the low amp draw of the LED's.

timo4352

Now see what you went and did!

You just made me order a set of LED tail lights for my tractor! :ychain:

It's cool though,  amazon points = cost ZERO

No flasher - but the LED light will be cool - literally - my current lights have melted lenses in the from the heat of the bulbs

Killer 2000 Chevy

Got to plow this weekend, we got 4 inches in the the Terre Haute area. The 855 had no problem with this little amount, and it was a blast!

dewdew

Cjsdad, your a Wildman I love it, I'm in Michigan and I'm hopping to do mi drive (and prolly a few around me) tomorrow.

KC9KAS

Ok guys, here is the website for the flasher.

The guy must have just started the site because it is rather bare, but his phone numbers and E-mail address is here.

You will have to call or Email and request the alternating flasher for LED lights.

http://ledlightup.com/index.php?p=1_3_Contact

• Like 1

RMCIII

Once I have posted the video on FB, what is the process to link it into RS?

• Like 1

JimmyZ
  • Like 3

squonk

I just heard from a friend in Michigan. He says it's been snowing heavily for 3 days. His wife has done nothing but stare through the window. If it doesn't stop soon, he'll probably have to let her in!

• Like 5

Ken B

Nice video Joey, tell Angelina I approve. You KNOW both of those plow guys were smiling as they dumped fresh crap in yer driveway. 417 sounds sweet, how'd you like it?

Ed Kennell

I just heard from a friend in Michigan. He says it's been snowing heavily for 3 days. His wife has done nothing but stare through the window. If it doesn't stop soon, he'll probably have to let her in!

:wicked:  Good One :ROTF: 

Ed Kennell

Did you ever keep up with the road plows ?    I'm lucky  to see 3 trucks plowing my state road in a week.  Great video!

philpjuk

Not a w-horse but from your side of the pond!,looks fun!.

post-4525-0-93618300-1386867686.jpg

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Friday December 6th was a heavy, wet snow and I started with the 1967 Lawn Ranger and the 32 inch STR-324 Snowthrower.      Snow was too wet to throw the snow very far and ended up clogging the chute a couple times   I quit the Lawn Ranger (which after all only has a 6 HP motor in it -but usually does fine when snow is not so wet) and went to the 633 with the snowplow.

Not the best performance by these machines I have seen them capable of doing!    Maybe it was the operator had a bad day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAMF3Qvqh_4&feature=share&list=UU86fcdbU7QyIjmZSQTp8Obg&index=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAMF3Qvqh_4&feature=share&list=UU86fcdbU7QyIjmZSQTp8Obg&index=1

post-339-0-23347100-1386883798_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-93298700-1386883818_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger

Martin

• Like 2

timo4352

No video guys - sorry

But I did finally get some snow here this morning. So I'm excited to try out this snowblower. I went out to the barn this morning, put my new LED tail lights on and hooked them up, and proceed to take the plow off and put the blower on ...

OK - so it's all hooked up. I pull out from the back yard to the front and when I get up there.... THERE IS NO SNOW ON THE DRIVEWAY!!!  :no:  :banghead:

My wife had already shoveled it!    I was not happy to say the least.     This woman doesn't love me.    I'm thinking about getting a deevorce.

I did get to do my brother's drive and a couple of the neighbors drives too. It worked fine, but I could use some really deep stuff - we only have about 4 to 5 inches now.

timo4352

Well Cleveland got even more snow - I got a chance to try out the blower and the plow for the first real time. I think I prefer the plow for the time being - The blower will be better if we get a foot or more at once though. Got a couple hours of seat time this morning, and made a few of the neighbors happy at the same time. :happy-partydance:

Hodge71

Well I haven teen around in what seems like forever….Still kinda sorting things out here in the back country. Not used to having a 30 minute ride for groceries and the closest neighbor over a mile away…heres the first installment of plowing. We got about 8 inches and I must say I'm impressed at what a little Charger 12 and a 42" blade can do with a driveway thats close to a 1/2 mile long. I got lots seat time this morning but have found another issue that seems to have crept up. She doesn't  seem to charge the battery and after about 1 1/2 hours it got low enough that she shut off. I guess I'll have to look into things once it get warmer. I may go out later to straighten things up a bit…..

squonk

no video's from Electra. Was work this A.M,  SHOVELING FOR 3 HOURS!  :handgestures-thumbdown:  Wish I had a little Horsie there for entrances. We got 6-8 and got the whole snow fleet out including Marvin and Elvis. Could have taken some classic video though. My Sno-Pup didn't seem to have the same power it once had. After 15 min I gave up on it only to find the spark plug wire wasn't attached, just sitting next to the plug vibrating along making contact. Then on the C-160, I dismounted to move the Volvo and the seat came off!! :scared-eek: