marvairplanes

Gotta' Be A "WORLD'S RECORD" !!!!

marvairplanes

Addiction...World's Record..."It's not what you need...it's what you WANT"...all of the above !!

I've listed a bunch of my old wheel horse decks on e-bay during the past few weeks. Most of them were "buy-it-now" for $35.00.

A few days ago someone took the old rusted, crippled deck for an A 800 Ranger.  Probably not to popular a model ?????

The happy buyer just left my home in NW Ohio...he left Baltimore . Maryland at 6 AM this morning, arrived here 12 hours later and after visiting a few minutes said he had to get started back home !!!!

When I asked if this was his longest trip he said no...it was the one to Texas.....

1325 miles round trip for a $35.00 deck that hundreds of other guys looked at but decided the price was wrong ???????

If anybody knows "CRAIG" (not a red square member) from Baltimore, tell him he WINS THE PRIZE !!!

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

1325 @ $.50/mile.  Yea , Craig wanted it in a bad way. :auto-car:

Sparky

I suppose if I was retired and had gobs of money and all that free time it might be a fun way to see the country and pick up some wheelhorse stuff along the way. Probably would be more fun in a motorhome :scratchead:  .

But right now I work full time, have very little "fun money" so no big road trips for me.

Mike............

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

You think the buyer would just pay for the shipping cost for the deck a lot cheaper then his drive cost.

AMC RULES

Maybe he's never heard of the mother of all road trips...

:wh:    "THE BIG SHOW"      :wh:

• Like 1

rmaynard

If I happen to run into him in my travels, not only will I tell him that he's the big winner, I will say "here's your sign".

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

JimD

Must be that salt air... :ychain:

marvairplanes

Just got an e-mail from Craig...

He made it back home to Baltimore ...safe and sound !  at 4:30 A.M.

Nearly 1400 miles in 25 hours...for a $35.00 deck !!!!

fourwheels0

i've done that plenty of times before.

virginia to ny,nh,vt.

you can't be afraid lol.

specialwheelhorse

Yep Ms to Nj twice but a 701 both times.

oldblue1993

Ya know me n my boy will take off on road trip like that just to get away and see what we find along the way "never that far" but I can see why one would. The drive sometimes is worth more then the destination.

• Like 1

WheelHorse79

In December, I'm driving 700 miles one way to pick up a restored 1045.  It's a long trip, but worth it for a rare tractor.  The wife and I will stop on the way back and visit my Mother and step Daughter just before Christmas.  Should be a nice trip if the weather cooperates.

I also drove 540 miles one way to get the 854 pictured in my avatar.  Left at 5:00 a.m. and returned at 11:30 p.m. the same day.  Long trip, but worth it to satisfy the Wheel Horse addiction.  :)

Edited by WheelHorse79

608KEB

Not many decent Wheel Horses around Madison, WI. If I wanted one bad enough it's going to be 300-600 miles round trip. Road trips are fun!

Edited by 608KEB

shorts

Back when I was younger and not so wise, I could do the Tampa FL to Toledo OH run,1150 miles in 17 hrs. solo. Leave with a full tank of fuel, thermos of coffee and jug of ice water and an empty bladder, stops in Macon GA and Corbin KY set the cruise @ 76 and try to only sleep one eye at a time, It's amazing what you can do when family is sick.