W/H JUNKY

Non-Skid for foot rest

W/H JUNKY

Hi all

Where is a good place to order the black non-skid tape for the foot rests for the C series tractors

Trouty56

I have read that some folks use "grip tape" used on skateboards.....do a Google search on it....must be good stuff....I'm going to get some the next time I need it....

Martin

i have used skateboard grip tape and also the reflective stripe stair tread. skateboard shops have the grip tape and the stair tread can be picked up at lowes or home depot type stores. (much more economical alternative)

a post about it in one of my threads......

lowes product.....

http://www.lowes.com/pd_96650-1681-67304_0__?productId=3185621&Ntt=safety+grip+tape&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dsafety%2Bgrip%2Btape&facetInfo=

• Like 1

sorekiwi

My local Ace Hardware has the grip tape in black and grey

Bluffhunter

Harbor Freight has 12" x 12" adhesive rubber treadplate for $1.00. Just cut it in half to make two pieces. Seems to work well on mine.

• Like 1

ELECTRORIC

I USE SPRAY ON TRUCK BED LINER  ON MINE YOU CAN CONTROL THE TEXTURE BY HOW MANY COATS YOU PUT ON.

Tim

i took some black rustoleum paint and added sand

works well

Trouty56

i have used skateboard grip tape and also the reflective stripe stair tread. skateboard shops have the grip tape and the stair tread can be picked up at lowes or home depot type stores. (much more economical alternative)

a post about it in one of my threads......

lowes product.....

http://www.lowes.com/pd_96650-1681-67304_0__?productId=3185621&Ntt=safety+grip+tape&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dsafety%2Bgrip%2Btape&facetInfo=

Not sure about the economical aspect of this Martin.....Drive to Lowe's for a 6 X 24 sheet (that link says $4.87 a sheet) or sit at home and have a 9 X 33 sheet of grip tape delivered for $4.99 total from the ebay....just saying....

Martin

I've never got the skateboard tape off eBay, always just bought from the store. I've used both types of tape and the lowes stuff is way better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheesegrader

All of these options will trap water.

If you deal with lots of snow, even the tape gets slick.

I'm going to put expanded mesh tread on mine this spring.

Farmer has some nice pics of the mod on his.

Won't slip, and ice and mud go right through.

• Like 1

Tankman

I have read that some folks use "grip tape" used on skateboards.....do a Google search on it....must be good stuff....I'm going to get some the next time I need it....

I love the grip tape, weather proof. Wears very well.

Last time I used the newer tape with little air holes, you can't see them. The air holes allow tape mounting without any

chance of air bubbles. Nice.

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Mob_Perforated_11_Griptape/descpage-MOB11GRIP.html

• Like 1

kudzu3

Tractor supply has diamond rubber pads. They look really nice and are of thick, heavy material. I believe they are around eight dollars a pack of two, it will take two per side and will have to be trimmed to fit. I saw one of those green and yellow tractors :eek:  at a show recently with these pads on the foot rest, it really looked nice. When I get to that point on my restoration, I will be using these.

slammer302

I work at a place that make trailers and anti skid tape they use works very well and looks good

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

AMC RULES

All of these options will trap water.

If you deal with lots of snow, even the tape gets slick.

I'm going to put expanded mesh tread on mine this spring.

Farmer has some nice pics of the mod on his.

Won't slip, and ice and mud go right through.

Oh...sounds like a great modification.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

doc724

I am in need to a solution to this as well, so I have been follwoing this thread.  Home depot does have 3M grip tape in 2 inch and 4 inch rolls for $13 and $22 respectively.  What I need is 6 inch.  Lowes has a 6 inch stair tread with a yellow stripe.  No yellow stripe for me.  I checked skateboard deck material on line, there are more styles and colors out there than you can imagine and I cannot tell how rough (or not) from the pix.  The nearest skateboard shop is 20 miles away. 

I finally went to the 3M store on line and bought #710 grip tape stair tread.  $11 for a 6 x 24 inch piece which is enough to do one tractor.  Shipping was an additional $8.  My guess is that I will have it by friday.  BTW, 3M sells a product for teh grip tape that you can seal the edges with to prevent water from getting under.  Not a big issue for me as my C141 is a summertime working tractor and stays indoors all winter.

shorts

Your local marina should have grip tape in wide sizes.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

ok, looks like we have the footboard replacement re surfaceing issue coverd from fron to back. Holy smokes I never thought there would be so many options. thanks

Now re: part 2, what color paint would be a fair match to just sand and touch up with? I have seen on other threads here comments on paint colors, ie; rustoleum red, international harvestor, etc. but I dont want to re paint, just touch up.

PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, in a little while I have to start another thread, wait to you guys see what I found. I think it will interest most of you fellas. maybe even all of you.. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

And gntleman, thank you for all the combined answers and ideas.

Glenn

• Like 1