Lars

Got me another Toro/Horse

Lars

Well i have had a dream to get me an Wh 520 (onan).. but they are impossibel to find overe here.. i have spotted on a few in our neighboring countries.. but the price tag has been way up on them $2500 and up whit a lot of hrs and no good shape..

so for a week ago i came by an auction from a prison. They had up for sale a 520 LXI whit a 52 inch deck..so ill figured i just had to bid on it.. and hope for a good deal on it.. as i got :)

well here are a few pict of it..

520LXI_zpsf18eaf0b.jpg20131031_142356_zpsf0d54278.jpg

it dint look to bad, need to get a new bumper for it.. 

here it is loaded on the trailer and ready to get HOME 20131106_141201_zps55bf5384.jpg20131106_143816_zps1adf58f5.jpg

got it home and in to the workshop to give it a closer look it's need's a really good bath and regular service oil filters etc etc..

20131107_021119_zpsa0beba16.jpg20131107_022821_zps9bef46d7.jpg20131107_022835_zps5c7bc45b.jpg

wow dint know it was so big.. it is as big as a D series.. going to post up some more pict when i have given it a bath...

Lars

Edited by Knusern
  • Like 6

Hodge71

Awesome tractor Lars!!! I love the way it looks hanging out with the rest of the herd. Hope you got a decent deal on her….

• Like 1

Trouty56

Beautiful Lars!!!!

• Like 1

doc724

Nice collections Lars.  I also have an xi machine but only a 520xi (not liquid cooled) in addition to a c-series and a 314.  All of mine are workers.  Looks like you have plenty of room for more (I am envious), but I prefer to put my automobiles in the garage.  Makes me think twice about picking up another.  I hope you have good luck with your new machine.  It is much more complicated than anything in the WH family, but in my three years of ownership, quite trouble free.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Nice find Lars.  I did not know there was a Red Sea in Norway... :):norway:

• Like 1

neil

you are getting quite a collection there Lars

i didnt realise those LXI models were so big . she looks to be nice n clean

Is the Hood & panels, fender  steel or plastic ?

• Like 1

Lars

you are getting quite a collection there Lars

i didnt realise those LXI models were so big . she looks to be nice n clean

Is the Hood & panels, fender  steel or plastic ?

Thx Neil..

it is all steel here are some more info

Weight: 1,023 lbs [464 kg] tractor Wheelbase: 52 inches [132 cm] Length: 76.5 inches [194 cm] Width: 40.5 inches [102 cm] Front axle: Cast-iron 2WD turn radius: 1.67 feet [0.5 m]
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:   Your place is starting to look like the local  :wh: dealership there in Norway Lars.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

Nice tractor Lars, hope it works as good as it looks. Enjoy the ride...lol Wayne

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Lars, I really like your new Wheel Horse. You have a very good collection of Wheel Horses now. Do you know of others in Norway who are Wheel Horse collectors?

• Like 1

Lars

Lars, I really like your new Wheel Horse. You have a very good collection of Wheel Horses now. Do you know of others in Norway who are Wheel Horse collectors?

Hey. Wheel..

well im not sure if there is other collectors in norway, but ill guess it is. ther is some other members on this site from norway on here but i dont know how many they have.. and there is prolly some other ppl around in norway that has 2-3-4 horses or so.. Dont really know

my brother also have 3 horses and are a member of this site to..

Lars

• Like 1

midnight rambler

Looks like big brother protecting the little ones.

• Like 1

boovuc

There a quite a few members here that will tell you that the "Xi" tractors were the best Garden Tractors that Toro/Wheelhorse ever made. They have plenty of power, great steering, the weight to do many jobs well and a great drivetrain. It's just a shame they were not made for the amount of years the C's, 300, 400 and 500 tractors were made. It makes getting the attachments harder to find. I drove a 520Xi for a summer and it was so much more comfortable to ride and drive.

• Like 1

userj8670

I hate to ask but what's so great about these xi?

Wheel-N-It

Lars, I would like to see some pics of your brother's Wheel Horses. Is he always in search of more Wheel Horses as you are?

Wheel Horse Kid

Looks like a real beast Lars! Great score!

• Like 1

leeave96

Nice score!

• Like 1

Lars

Lars, I would like to see some pics of your brother's Wheel Horses. Is he always in search of more Wheel Horses as you are?

Hey Wheel

well he is not as crazy as i am.. but he has a C121-C165 and a D180 i have some pict some place just have to find them..

Wheel-N-It

:handgestures-thumbupright: OK Lars, sounds good! Happy to hear you are a bit crazy. I think I am too !

• Like 1

Lars

Hey.. i said i would post some pict of the LXI after i had cleand it up.. going to fix some stuff on it and it's ready for use.. im starting to like this machine and i think im going to use it this winter..

20131112_232630_zps5907fb55.jpg20131113_222530_zps4aa2bd64.jpg20131113_222525_zps5840d1dc.jpg20131113_222428_zpsf8fd6be3.jpg20131113_222416_zps6097d77d.jpg20131113_222351_zps8f992320.jpg20131113_222215_zps8a783630.jpg20131113_222556_zps1fe78ca1.jpg20131113_221948_zps152220a8.jpg20131113_222030_zps17518700.jpg20131113_2219281_zps4861aa4d.jpg

i have checked on grill and bumper to it and aaaaaaauch that's expensive...

Lars

Wheel-N-It

Looks Great Lars!!! I know you are really happy :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Looks Great Lars! I think you got a good one for sure! :)

Edited by Wheel Horse Kid
  • Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Nice addition. I'm envious as my two 5xi do not have power steering.

• Like 1

leeave96

Not to get off track with your post, but I notice your 312-8 doesn't show any Wheelhorse markings. Is Wheelhorse mentioned anywhere on the tractor? What year make is it?

Thanks!

Bill

Lars

Not to get off track with your post, but I notice your 312-8 doesn't show any Wheelhorse markings. Is Wheelhorse mentioned anywhere on the tractor? What year make is it?

Thanks!

Bill

Hey Bill... yep you right it dont say Wheel horse on it. only Toro.. but it has the horse head in the steering wheel..

i think prolly it is that way because it is europa modell. not 100% sure on that.. it is from 89.