daninthesand

How to install snow blower on 1966 WH 856?

daninthesand

Hi all. Very new here. I have a 1966 WH 856 tractor that came with a snow blower attachment. It is not currently installed. The mower deck is being used.

The tractor is not here, its at my other property, (2 hours away) and when I drive out there, i'd like to install the snowblower.

I have been spending some time in the forum's manual section but there is a lot of stuff in there.

The attached picture is one I found on the net which looks very much like my tractor. (mine is in waaaay better condition :-))

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  The correct manual to help me install it?

Thanks so much.

I also browsed many of the pictures of refurbished tractor...WOW! You people are talented.

post-8912-0-26841100-1380992290_thumb.jp

Edited by daninthesand

gwest_ca

This one should do it

The 1966 snowthrower is ST-326 which was later replaced by model number 6-2211.

Garry

daninthesand

Wow. Garry you rock!. Fast and acccurate. Much appreciated.

daninthesand

does any one know how heavy of weights i need on the rear tires to properly balance this blower on the trackter. I see weight in pictures, but don't know what they weigh. thanks.

stevasaurus

You may not need weights...the blower sits on the ground when blowing.  You may want a set of chains though for traction backing up.  I have a blower on my 857...when I put my 250 plus body on the seat, I do not even need chains.  Chains are the way to go though. :)

squonk

Are the chains for traction or holding the seat on the tractor?  :ychain:  :teasing-poke:  :ychain:  :)

slufoot733

Dan, I purchased a kit that mounts to the wheel of my tractor. Once the kit is installed you can add wqeight using plate weights from a weight lifting set barbell. I got them from mgrubb1 on eBay. Look on eBay, search for seller mgrubb1 and check out what he has available. I love the way I can add or subtract weight as needed. It's quick, cheap and works great.

Edited by slufoot733