Xjchief

Predator motor swap on a 606

slammer302

I used a mounting plate from a b-80 and it worked great I've done this twice but the 13 HP will be bigger

Rich Gilbert

I was thinking of one of those 13hp motors for my 308-8.  Engine placement might be the only real challenge.

DAVE L

Did the same on my Lawn Ranger! Nothing wrong with these engines. I have one on my WH, one

on a log splitter, and a new one in the box as a just in case. So far I like them!

10442943_10152482478057508_8513164958794

Got first place in the 4th of July parade. Not me driving it.

Edited by DAVE L
  • Like 2

rebuilder12

Does anyone know of a good place to get front and rear tires that will fit the original rims?

slammer302

Greater Cleveland Tire has 4.00-4-8 trip ribs for 39$ plus whatever shipping is

Meant tri ribs

Bach-Ed

I just got an email from Northern Tool.  They are having a sale on Kohler engines. Last year I decided against a HF or similar engine.  I wasn't confident in a Chinese knock off.  My CH270 runs great and no complaints.  I hope it can last 40+ years like the K181.  They are more expensive than the others but I bit the bullet and I am glad I did it.

HorseHead1089

with these clones you can make a great engine by swapping the plastic gear cam out for a slightly more agressive lobe, billet aluminum flywheels and honda valves and springs.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

I take it the shaft size is 3/4''?

slammer302

All the ones I've seen are there is a sleeve on eBay with a step key so you can use the 1" pulley still

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Thanks. I think Im going to pick one up this weekend at the tent sale. Hard to pass up for 99$. I wonder if they will still let u use coupon since its a sale. A person could get on for 75 bucks if they do.

Xjchief

And what's really cool about these engines go to hotrodminibike.com they sell all kinds of different addons and upgrades for these engines

• Like 1

slammer302

I have four of the predator 212's and they all work good have one on a commando 6 that my dad uses with a 36" deck and it mows good only complaint is the pull starts break pretty easy but I just buy better rope and restring them

Wishin4a416

I went ahead and picked one up today. It wasn't honored under the coupon but I had a gift card so I made out OK.

post-8484-0-93501100-1425659220_thumb.jp

scotty

These predator motors are amazing. Ive used one for about a year and no problems. Plenty of power. I am getting the urge to try an 8 hp one.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

I've been pretty lucky with using the 20-25% coupons for the Predator engines. I used a 20% onetime in the store for the 6.5 hp engine, I also bought a 13.5 hp engine (and didn't want to carry it home) used the 25% coupon online for it to be shipped. I thought for sure it wouldn't go through but it did. My advice is to try to use it. All they can say is "No."

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

I did John. She scanned the coupon and no discount on the Predator. :(

Rob R

HF will normally NOT give you the 20-25% discount IF the item your are purchasing is already "on sale" for that given month......

shallowwatersailor

I guess I got lucky!

• Like 1

cschannuth

I might be getting a 606 roller so I will need a pulley and some sort of mounting plate. Any suggestions?