gcole

Need help

gcole

hi guys I'm looking for some help with my k301 again. Now that the carb has been rebuild it runs great at idle but at wide open it surges. Not a one after another surge but it will run good the surge then clear for a few seconds the surge again. I was thinking something to do with the ignition system but I'm unsure

Any help would be a huge help

Thanks in advance

gwest_ca

Sounds like it may be running slightly lean. Can you richen the high-speed jet or is there one?

I had a skip in my C-120 and treating the fuel with Marvel Mystry oil eliminated it. I think it lubes the valve stems allowing them to close every time. They are getting lazy with old age. Walmart now carries the oil. It has not been available in Canada for about 4 years. Now in a translucent red bottle.

Garry

Wheel-N-It

I think you are running a  bit lean. first make sure the carb is bolted snug/tight against the engine. Don't overtighten and break the flange on the carb. Next open up the high speed adjuster 1/4 turn and go from there. I suggest you get a bottle of SeaFoam.Mix one ounce per gallon of 89 octane gasoline,  and use this mixture for atleast a couple of full tanks.

Sometimes these carbs can be time consuming to adjust. I've had this happen a few times myself. Good luck.

rmaynard

Do you have a worn throttle shaft? That can mimick a lean setting by allowing air to be sucked into the mix.

• Like 1

gcole

Ok I've checked all the things above throttle shaft seems good with little to no play and when I try to richen the mix even a hair it starts to run worse. Could my governor be too sensitive. How do I set the governor? And any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Callen

My K341 acted the same way. Found that the top needle was too rich and needle on the side was too lean after I got the top needle set