Aldon

New to Forum - NY

Aldon

All, I have been searching for a tractor or ridning mower relentlessly for a couple months.

This forum and a couple others were hugely helpful.

During this journey I became ever more disdainful of the machines and costs that are in my budget.

I currently reside near/on the edge of Adirondacks in NY.

Finally decided to jump into the housing market again after taking a proverbial bath on the last one.

Picked up home with 3 acres and decided it was time for a riding mower.

Ater much study and deliberation, I decided I wanted something that was sturdy and built to last.

In order to do that new, I was going to have to spend way more than I wanted to while I am bleeding so much financially to seal the house deal.

I used to be into woodworking and cars and electronics and welding and well....you name it.

After two months the Tractor bug has bitten me firmly and I decided the way to have the quality I want and have the investment pay off better I would go with an older classic.

Today I purchased a good running C-161 with functioning deck, a spare tranny and wheel weights. Compsite Hood intact.

It's going to be my winter/spring and possibly next summer's complete restoration. It looks to be a relatively easy one do to the state the tractor is in, Very solid to start such a project,

My thanks for the many entries and threads that have been made by others as they were very helpful in my deciding to take this plunge.

I am sure I will be asking lots of questions and reading through many more threads and forums on this site.

I also picked up an almost mint Massey MF12 that I can use while I restore the C-161.

Both are being held by their previous owners until I close and get moved in so I have only a couple pics from the adds but will take plenty of them before project starts.

I have already asked about Decals as that appeasr to be my holy grail for this particular model.

Regards, Aldon

post-11709-0-69237900-1380155352.jpg

post-11709-0-53440300-1380155356.jpg

953 nut

:WRS:   Always glad to see another :wh:  nut join us. You will find lots of helpfull people here and do keep us posted.  :text-coolphotos: 

:USA: 

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Aldon

Thanks for the quick welcome Gents!

squonk

Welcome Aldon! Those Masseys are sharp! Is it Tecky powered? If it is I was right about the invasion Craig!  :)

Jake Kuhn

Aldon

Yes indeed Squonk, it has a Tec.& thanks for the welcome!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-woo: Techy snatchers rule.    :music-rockon:

• Like 1

Amanda

Welcome to RedSquare!!

Kelly

VinsRJ

Welcome to RS!

Terry M