Sign in to follow this  
546cowboy

Lift cylinder repair kit

546cowboy

I know this has been on here before but I can't find the post. I know some cylinders were not meant to be repaired but I thought the was an o-ring or seal kit for the ones that can be repaired.Please post if you have a source. I didn't find a kit for the cylinder at Classic Kitchens. Found the one for the valve there.

gwest_ca

Some of the part numbers have been changed but last I checked all still available.

Garry

MalMac

I'll have to check the web site. I just got one of the kits from classic kitchen earlier this summer.

Wow, just checked the site and your right, I could not find it anywhere. Maybe contact them to see if it was inadvertently omitted. That was a great source for that kit. At only the fraction of the price too.

Edited by MalMac

546cowboy

I don't know why he changed the web site the way he did but there are no links to the stuff we use. I had to enter lift cylinder repair kit in the search box to find the lift valve kit. If anyone knows him they need to tell him he needs to put a link on that page to the tractor stuff.

stevasaurus

Here is the Red Square link.  Indy W H was selling them...not sure if he still is...send him a PM.  I know he still has some kits.

Jeff-C175

There is a link on his 'home' page.

On the left hand side, down near the bottom of the blue background column of "Categories".

Says "Wheel Horse Tractors & Parts"

http://www.classickitchensandmore.com/wheel-horse-tractors-parts-c-42.html?zenid=53m5m22s05btnafuia6h4kk461

I suspect that he had put a bunch of kits together, and is not replenishing his stock when they are all sold. 

I or maybe MalMac got the last one earlier this summer!  I went back and looked shortly after I bought mine and the link for the cylinder kits was gone.  Too bad, because the price difference is SUBSTANTIAL! 

Edited by Jeff-C175

lobo

I'm sorry, maybe I missed it but is your's the type that can be taken apart? Without cutting it of course. If it is, I did mine last summer, just took it apart and took the O rings to the hydrulic shop and got new ones, all for less than 5 dollars.

Jeff-C175

That's what I would do also... in retrospect...  but, there is at least one seal that you may not be able to get there, the 'wiper' seal that fits inside the opening that the shaft goes through.  Unless really worn out, it can probably be re-used.

Butch

I just got the ones for my C-175 lift cylinder a few weeks back. I went to me  hydraulic shop. He matched up all of the O-rings and gave them to me free of charge. He said it wasn't worth the work to ring them up!!

And Toro wanted like $60.00 for that ring kit.