Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Short work day today....

Shuboxlover

Found this on CL last night, it was a couple hours old and thought for sure it was already gone by the time I got around calling and got his voice mail.  I tried again at 7:30 this morning and actually talked to him and said he still had it, I asked if he'd hold it for me until he got home ~5:30 and since it was about 2 1/2 hours away I didn't want to make the trip for nothing.  Well, everything worked out and got her home this evening.  It's a 1995 520 with 808 hours....48" dozer blade (without the extension brackets :( ), wheel weights, VEEEEERY nice hub caps, 48" deck and a powered bagger to boot!!!!!!!  It was a great score!!!!!   This is the second great WH I've scored in about a month that I almost didn't call on because it was such a good deal and I figured it was gone already.  It just goes to show don't hesitate to call, it just might still be available.

IMG_20130822_214731_929_zps5ffeed2e.jpg

IMG_20130822_214716_078_zpsb8eb013d.jpg

IMG_20130822_214747_337_zps7f856f8c.jpg

IMG_20130822_214702_835_zps83ce492d.jpg

• Like 3

daveoman1966

Unless the 520H you bought has the forward swept front axle, you do not need the extension bracket for the 48" dozer blade. 

KC9KAS

Sounds like your lucky day!

Nice looking 520!

AMC RULES

Nice score on the attachments too.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Hodge71

WOW what a score!

Jake Kuhn

Nice score!

KATO

SWEEEEET :handgestures-thumbupright:

dennist

Great tractor!

leeave96

Nice looking tractor!

The blade extension is required for the swept forward axle 520H tractors, however, if you find an older 42 inch blade, they will work.  I've got one and use it with my 520H w/swept forward axle - no problems.  The blade at full angle is close to the front tire, but doesn't touch.

horsesaver98

good deal

Wheelhorse84

Nice score.

Wheel-N-It

Goos score. Glad you kept trying. I've noticed Wheel Horses around here are taking longer to sell than say a year ago. Its got to be the economy.

squonk

Goos score. Glad you kept trying. I've noticed Wheel Horses around here are taking longer to sell than say a year ago. Its got to be the economy.

Wheel Horses take a while to sell around here too. But it's the asking price. $500-$700 for a non runner is nuts. A friend of mine did pick up a 312-8 with a 48" deck for $50. Guy wanted it gone. He put a battery and fresh gas in it and it started right up!

papaglide

Now thats the kind of deal that I afford!

Edited by papaglide

Wheel-N-It

Wheel Horses take a while to sell around here too. But it's the asking price. $500-$700 for a non runner is nuts. A friend of mine did pick up a 312-8 with a 48" deck for $50. Guy wanted it gone. He put a battery and fresh gas in it and it started right up!

$50 for a 312-8??? Now thats my kind of Wheel Horse buying!!!

Tankman

Nice looking tractor!

The blade extension is required for the swept forward axle 520H tractors, however, if you find an older 42 inch blade, they will work.  I've got one and use it with my 520H w/swept forward axle - no problems.  The blade at full angle is close to the front tire, but doesn't touch.

Learn something every day! Thanks for the info.

Not realizing I could've used my 42" blade 'n frame on my '90 520-8, I cut the frame forward of the angle lever and welded in 4-1/2" extensions. 48" blade now works and clears the tires. The 520 does have a swept forward axle.

I'm going to use (as I have been) the 42" blade 'n frame on my '85 416-8. :)