Sign in to follow this  
gcole

K301 issues

gcole

Ok guys I got a issue with my k301 again. Now I can be running it till it starts to get warm then it starts to surge and die. After it dies it won't refire. It has fuel and spark. Any ideas what it is?

Thanks in advance

boovuc

When I hear the word surging, the first thing I think of is a fuel problem. A bad condenser or points issues, even timing problems on a breaker based ignition usually won't cause surging. Backfires and complete shut offs....yes!

To me, you are describing a lack of fuel or a fuel/air mixture issue.

Can I ask, does it do this when your mowing or moving the tractor? If so, try to start it and let it sit still but "warm up" and see if it does it.

I don't know what your other issues were on this tractor and you may have addressed carb problems but there still may be something amiss in the fuel delivery.

gcole

The Tractor quits whether it's moving or just sitting. I think I have a carb issue because when I pulled the bowl there wasn't too much fuel in there so I think I got a blockage somewhere

rmaynard

Try loosening the gas cap. Your cap vent may be clogged causing the gas to stop flowing.

gcole

Actualy I did try that as soon as it started to surge and while trying to restart so I don't think it's my gas cap. The reason I think blockage is because there was some other fair sized particles in the bowl

boovuc

Your fuel line maybe coming apart. Debris at the filter/valve at the gas tank shutoff. Maybe some blockage where the fuel first comes into the carb. All worth inspecting, taking apart or replacing. (Fuel lines).