Sign in to follow this  
Ken in Iowa

What Blower Is This

Ken in Iowa

I'm Fairly new to this group, but have gotten a wealth of info from Lurking over the last year. I sure enjoy following along and have been very happy with my 312-8. What a horse!!!!

With winter just around the corner I've started going through my snow blower, and every time I go to the dealer to order parts, I can't come up with a definite part number to give them. Any tags or numbers have long since disapeared. 96-42ST01 is the closest number using the Toro look up that I've been able to find, but that seems to be for a 42" Blower, and mine has a 35 5/8 inch auger length. B)

Is that the right number and Wheel Horse just added 6 inches for the wings?

The dealer keeps wanting to use 06-37SX01, but the part look up shows the belt pulley laying horizontal on it, not like mine, which is mounted horizontal on a shaft.

Can anyone tell me what the right number should be.

312-8WithBlower.jpg

Thanks for any help in advance.

Ken in Iowa

TT

Looks an awful lot like a 6-0202 to me.

The 6-0201, 66-42ST01, 76-42ST01, and 06-42ST02 are similar models from other years.

C-Series14

Yep, you add the wings. I had a newer version of the one you have...

Ken in Iowa

Thanks Mike and TT for the fast response. 6-0202 looks like the right numbers based on the Toro parts viewer, and having those numbers, is going to help me out a bunch. Did that blower not come with wings? I made the ones for mine, and I just assumed the PO just lost them over the years. The blower probably measures 37" with out the wings. I was never sure where to measure from. :whistle:B)

I've been worried about bearing number 101782 at reference # 45 in the parts viewer. Mine has a rubber seal on one side messed up, and altho its not making any sound and feels good, I'll probably have to replace it some day. Has anyone had any luck finding new ones to replace them. The bearing has a roll pin hole and a rounded OD, and just looks like a bearing made, just for this blower only. With out having the right number for the blower, I was affraid I would ask for the wrong bearing.

Also, did I post this question in the right place? I just added a new topic, and had a hard time finding my own question this morning. Questions about a blower would be non-tractor related, and it looks like my question wound up in the right place, but was this just by blind luck? B)

Thanks again for the info.

Ken