Sign in to follow this  
donpr

k181 engine colour

donpr

hi im new to this forum. Two weeks ago i traded for a 1966 856. I noticed the engine block is blue after power wash. Where they originally red from factory ? and was mine a replacement, along the way ? thanks don

donpr

post-10879-0-04985900-1371993131_thumb.j            heres apicture plus, part of finger.

donpr

post-10879-0-13714600-1371993753_thumb.j  another pic showing blue paint.

Lane Ranger

Kohler replacement engines were blue from the factory!

donpr

thanks for info, Im ording rebuild parts from kohler. Costy tho..

MarkPalmer

Kohler complete replacement engines came in either a blueish-green glossy paint, (almost a turquoise color) or black.  Short blocks and mini-blocks were most often just primer gray.  The blue in that picture looks more like the Ford blue, the engine might have been transplanted from one of the old Jacobsen built Fords. 

-Mark-

littleredrider

I have a replacement K181 on my 854 and it's black. I'm thinking it's a long block, motor is black while everything else is red....sorta....

donpr

thanks for answers. Would it be wrong to sand blast ,then rebuild, then paint wh red ? Id like it to look good . Not nessary stock..

donpr

the seat is princess atuo cheapie, wife sayes buy  a  200 $ seat. for comfort .( I love my irish wife !).

donpr

I work at toromont catapillar, machinist,  i do reports for engineers for cat. usa. A lot of parts are off shore , spec have to be monitored (chineese all over spec . ) Its ridicules. I work  with what I have . huge diesel electic motors to each wheel (4) off road trucks. .makes for a cool job I can order w h bearings but have to cross ref...