Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Need more snow!!!

Bill

IM000772.jpg

Praying for a little more snow!!!

• Like 1

Sparky

Great lookin tractor Bill! Do the chains really help or do they drop into the spaces between the lugs? My brand new AGs are no where near as good as a set of chains on turf tires so I was thinkin about putting chains on the AGs.

Mike

Bill

Thanx Sparky, This one came to me as a pile rusted junk with no motor last yr. Atleast the $25 price tag was good...As far the AG's with chains, Once I put the chains on the AGs I could say that they work as good if not better as my set of turfs with chains on my dirt driveway, On my neighbors asphalt Not as good but still better then just the AGs themselves.

nylyon

I've been running just AG's, no chains, and thought that they did good on my paved driveway. A couple of times I got some wheel spin which made me think about getting chains for the AG's. So far, it sounds like the way to go is with turf's and chains.

I think for next year anyway, I am switching the plow to the Hydro which has Turf Trac R/S tires on it. I'll get a set of chains and be all set. I should get another axle hitch, but the ones on eBay seem to go for a lot of $$'s, anyone have one they're looking to get rid of cheap?

BTW, that is a great job on the restore, it came out very nice.

Bill

Thank you, I do enjoy bringing the old horse's back to life.

On the AG's, I have to agree For pavement Turfs with chains are the way to go, For dirt I find that the AGs with chains seemed to work better

Can't help ya on a rear hitch sorry

nylyon

Yeah, Mike (Sparky) had recommended turf's with chains, luckly we didn't get much snow where I would have had a problem anyway. Looks like a trip to TSC is in order.....