Sign in to follow this  
joebob

k141 ignition

joebob

Help has anyone had to convert to a different style magneto style on kohler k141, my spec 29136 . I have the first style with the hockey puck magnet ,and just wandering if my base plate will hold the newer flywheel style magneto ,or if the flywheels will enterchange on the crank, the parts are not avalable for the older style any more and would like to save the engine if all possible, I have spark just not at any thing over about 200 rpm, has weak magnets B) just looking for a way to not go to a external coil

WH_Hobie

you might be able to recharge the magnets but to change to the newer ignition you have to change the bearing plate, ignition, and flywheel because the newer ignition has a different flywheel and it won't mount to the older bearing plate either B) Nick

joebob

Thanks WH 702 checked a couple sites and found what I needed to do the magnets ,did a quick fix, now I have the spark I need and it fired right up ,you dont know how much B) ing I did to find out the magnet was weak but anyway again a big :whistle: