Sign in to follow this  
Mith

Countax

Mith

Picked this up last week. Going for scrap as the deck is rotten. I was going to cut it up, but its just too good. Its a briggs vanguard 14HP twin, works perfectly, the gearbox is loose but works. The electric clutch works fine, as does the PTO and the sweeper.

I reckon I'll fit an old wheelhorse deck to it, its far too good to scrap.

I ran over the lawn with the sweeper to pick up the clumps of grass, works sweet.

A decent bit of British engineering B)

Image061.jpg

Image060.jpg

perry

never seen one of those :banghead: . thats a pretty nifty sweeper :USA:

pond195520032003

strange lookin thing :USA: neven herd of it :omg: looks neat, make a good racer :banghead:

Mith

Found another mower deck for it and cut the lawn yesterday. Boy, do I like the finish it gives.

My parents are going to have it to mow the lawn at the farm. They blew up the engine on the last one I gave them.

Image075.jpg

Nick

That setup does leave a very nice looking stripped lawn. :USA:

Looking at the Countax website I was surprised to see a couple 4x4 versions. Also the Countax high grass deck is interesting. :banghead:

Countex 4x4

High grass deck

Mith

Yes, the 4x4 is actually really good. It has 2 hydraulic lines coming from the rear transmission into a drive unit on the front. Really well done, and seems to last well. The 4x4 adds about $1500 onto the price of the standard tractor.

The small high grass deck is OK, but the big 42" one they do isnt very well designed. They cook belts regularly, and the belts are $120 a time. Its a known issue, but the manufacturer hasnt made a decent solution to the problem yet. Shame it doesnt work well, the decks themselves are really well made.

Retail for the deck is about $1400 if I remember correctly.

marshman

Countax are really common over here, good uns but have a habit of blowing gearboxes :banghead: