Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

look how shiny! !!

tommyg

A thing of beauty for sure. I didn't think they were still available! I'd like to maybe pick up a new shell and use my other existing components. Hmmmm.

RMCIII

Since this is a thread about decks, and by the way, very nice looking. I would have waxed the underside really good also. I try and do that, at least twicw a season. Once when season starts, and once mid-way, through season. What I was curious about is a product that was given to me when I purchased the 518. It's called Mo-Flow.< No joke. It is a flammable product. It says to make sure deck is clean and dry. Then spray entier under side, including blades with Mo-Flow. It is supposed to penetrate the metal, putting a protective coating on it, and keeping grass from collecting where it normally does. Green and Yellow can. Not sure who actually makes the product. The can looks to be about 10 years old. Can't really see a date anywhere. I know, the next comment will be, can you get a picture of the can? < I will post a photo later today or tomorrow.

B-8074

I'm going to API later to get some por 15 for the spindle housings. I haven't heard of waxing the underside of the deck. I've heard everything from using pam cooking spray, wd40, and dry silicone spray. 

You would think that by now someone would've come up with a deck design that was completely smooth on the underside. Even the carriage bolt heads are enough to start a grass build up. 

Save Old Iron

The story goes that Henry Ford used to send his engineers out to the junkyards to see what was worn out and not worn out in the Fords that populated the wrecking yards.

The story has it he asked his engineers to look at the items that were NOT WORN OUT and make then less robust (save money) so that all parts would wear out at the same time.

Interesting concept.

Then you look at the engineering philosophy at Evinrude outboard motors. They inspect every failure and increase the design robustness to prevent any chance of future failure in that same part.

Also interesting.

• Like 1

Bluffhunter

To pretty to use, but I bet it cut SWEET !!!!!

bo dawg

I couldn't do it.. just couldn't... to nice to dirty up. Heck I even hate to dirty up my old used ones after I spend time cleaning them up. But I tell myself thats what their for and it helps me get through it. Same way with a brand new pair of white tennis shoes, takes me a while after I bought them to start wearing them. Got to talk myself into it, but then after the first stain or sign of dirt then I'm good to go!! Lol!

bitten

I have always thought about using an undercoating to protect the paint. I think that powdercoating might do it also from what I have heard.  It seems like rust and oxidation are the killers of these decks. 

Nice looking deck by the way.