Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

look how shiny! !!

B-8074

I bit the bullet and bought a brand new 48" deck. Thought you all would like to see it before I get it all dirty. 

post-2569-0-28677900-1368820189_thumb.jp

post-2569-0-76782000-1368820216_thumb.jp

post-2569-0-71184400-1368820233_thumb.jp

• Like 3

varosd

pristine!   :D

squonk

So that's what they looked like! :)

• Like 2

Don1977

I would paint the aluminum spindle housings before you use it as the grass tends to eat them up.

AMC RULES

C'mon, you can't use that.   :scared-eek: 

• Like 1

cheesegrader

hang it on the wall as a peice of art, and find an old one to mow with!

• Like 2

bk-scouter

B)  Nice....

-BK

KC9KAS

Very nice looking deck!

GlenPettit

Never saw a brand new one, beautiful, and the most desired, 48" too.

The deck rollers are different, smaller, probably better.  Deck wheels different too.

Consider adding three Gator Blades at 90º, so you have six blades and 12 edges cutting.

Butch

Consider adding three Gator Blades at 90º, so you have six blades and 12 edges cutting.

Are ya serious? Would there be anything left for the spindle nut to attach to?

Tankman

I would paint the aluminum spindle housings before you use it as the grass tends to eat them up.

Tends to eat them up? Moist grass will devour the spindles...

The best you could do with the deck is send it to me, just south of Allentown, and I will put it to the test.

Before testing, paint the spindle housings of course. :smile:

When you need your deck, call. If no answer keep calling, someone will answer someday.

• Like 2

Wheelhorse84

Thing of beauty.

Sparky

So where did it come from? A private seller or a dealer? No obligation to tell us, but if it came from dealer how much $$ was it?

Mike..............

B-100 Dan

That truely is a beatiful thing.  I had forgoten just how nice they look.  I agree with the other posters, be sure and paint the spindel housings before you use it, as the acids in the grass will eat into them.  Enjoy it...

B-8074

Thanks everyone. I wish I would've checked on this thread before I started mowing, I would've painted the spindle housings. I'll just have to clean it all up and do it before I now again. As for the place of purchase, it was from a dealer. The total cost out the door was $1431.00. I know what everyone is thinking, just get a good used one. Well I did get one last spring but it wasn't as good as I had thought. It's still fixable and I will get around to fixing it, I just couldn't wait and/or take the time to do it. 

608KEB

Well that is $47.70 per year over a 30 year life. That's cheap!

• Like 1

Sparky

I like the way you think :eusa-clap:   !

I agree.

Mike.......

• Like 2

Butch

Should go past that. Mine is 30 years old now and by the looks of it's condition I should get another 30 years!

B-8074

That's how I was looking at it. Since I rebuilt my C-175 last year I figured if I had a new deck I wouldn't have to worry about fixing or trying to find a used deck for the next 30 + years. Now I just need to start saving for a new engine and what size type I want to repower her with. Maybe I'll go bigger or even with a diesel. A C-220 has a nice ring to it or maybe a C-200 D.

groundhog47

Gosh, who in there right mind would think a tool for workin is beautiful, but it certainly is a beautiful tool for workin.  :thumbs: Envious, envious,  I'd just have to park it  in the livin room, oops my wife saw that, bye! 

JackC

Very nice.  A worry free deck for many many years.  

Just keep it dry and take it off and clean and service it at least once per year.

I use my air compressor rather than a water hose to keep my tractors and decks clean.

• Like 1

welderman85

Very nice I have never seen a new one

WVMountainMan

Whoa Nellie!!! Back up just a skoshe...I am curious about putting Gator Blades on at 90 degrees for 12 cutting surfaces...? Talk to me GlenPettit...

Marv

Beautiful! I have a new 42" on standby in the event I ever need it and a new 60" for the D250. I wonder if POR 15 would work for the spindle protection.

MARVIN

Butch

Beautiful! I have a new 42" on standby in the event I ever need it and a new 60" for the D250. I wonder if POR 15 would work for the spindle protection.

MARVIN

If they were my housings I would use the silver Por 15. Some people might use their two part paint which is pretty hard. These housings

have been around for 40 years now. I'm sure the company must be aware of the problem with the corrosion. Why haven't they changed the

material?