Sign in to follow this  
Fast N Red

Need help ASAP

Fast N Red

so theres a guy that want to buy my old simplicity sunstar that sat for 5 years. i went back checked oil that was good pulled the air filter off go to spin it over and... ITS LOCKED UP!!!!! it has a magnum20 in it i just need to know if there is a quick fix becuase i cand put oil down the horizontal cylenders

groundhog47

It's not a fix but first remove plugs and see if can rotate in opposite direction by hand, may help confirm something not broken. Could be a stuck valve, minimal to max rod galling, if nothing broken  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:  

hbrooks49

While I've never personally tried it, I've read an old "cure" for stuck engines in vintage autos of welding up a grease fitting to fit in the spark plug hole and using a hand held grease gun to break things loose - there should be enough pressure with a hand held to break it loose or break something trying......

Like I said - I have never tried it but don't see why it might not work.......

WH nut

Get a squirt bottle and put some brake fluid in it so you can squirt in the cylinder.. Them take a wrend and start rocking back and forth

Fast N Red

got it freed but now the starter wont engage  :banghead:  tractor never gave me aproblem untill now when i want to sell it

Sparky

That happens to stuff when it sits unused for 5 years. Was it stored indoors? Or outside under a tarp? Moisture gets into all sorts of places.

Mike...........