Sign in to follow this  
546cowboy

Does anyone have a 704?

546cowboy

I recently got a 1964 704 and it is missing the shield on the left side that covers the brake and clutch rod. I would appreciate it if someone could send me the measurements. I know what it is supposed to look like but the measurement s would really help.

UPDATE  I have resolved this further down the replies.

Edited by 546cowboy

squonk

I have one but I just came in for the night and have a dog and cat my lap. If no one else

Chimes in I can get them tomorrow night.

Jake Kuhn

I parted out what was left of a 704 before mentone. I might have a cover to sell if you would like one, I will ask my dad about it. Send me a pm if you are interested.

546cowboy

Thanks Jake I would certainly buy one if you have it.

weien's wheel horses

If not I can get one also

546cowboy

Well for future reference that same shield must be the same on many models. I have a 653 parts tractor and when I went to see if it had that shield it did. Same shield. I was missing some parts for my 655 and low and behold they were on that 653 too.I really thought about no taking that 653 when I saw it but now it turned out to be a good buy.

You'll see what I mean in the attached picture.

post-1334-0-28941400-1368113995_thumb.jp

WheelHorse79

Yes, it's great to have parts interchangability between the different models and years.  The tank tower on my 854 had been really butchered up.  I bought a tank tower off of a 753 on Ebay to replace it and it works fine.  I just had to remove the rear brace from the 854 and weld it to the 753 part.  Fits like a glove! 

It would be nice to have some sort of cross reference of the parts interchangability between the various years and models of Wheel Horses.