Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

Picked up a free 211-3! What to do...

Kevbo

Free is always nice! Engine starts right up which was a plus! Don't really know what to do with this as it doesn't have a deck. It's such a simple design! Should I restore it? Wouldn't really be worth it but it could be fun...hmmm....do these trannys have a drain plug?? Maybe ill keep it for my kids to play with someday (when I have kids). I need ideas guys! What should I do with this? Is it worth anything?

null_zpsdf369bef.jpg

null_zps7575abab.jpg

null_zpscb7aaba7.jpg

null_zps4e6251d3.jpg

null_zps1238cbb2.jpg

null_zpsc82f3859.jpg

bowtieguy

Maybe a boat anchor???

Jake Kuhn

Free is always very nice, and it looks to be in pretty good shape! :handgestures-thumbup: As for a value its not worth a ton, probably about 100 bucks without the deck, but it might be a fun one to just drive around.

Jake

Wheel-N-It

Ii think you should give it some long overdue maintenance, clean it up, and put a better (free or cheap used) seat on it. Then just call it good. Maybe later you can find a good used deck for it. Don't spend a bunch of money on it though Kevin, its not one that has childhood memories.

• Like 1

SousaKerry

No drain plug as the old peerless transaxles use a grease called Bentonite,  Really nasty stuff and impossible to find as it is no longer manufactured.  I have actually salvaged the grease out of junk transaxles to get more when working on them.

Those tractors can make good cheap go-carts for the kids but that's about it. Not really built heavy enough to do anything but mow flat level ground.  Some people will play with the pullies to speed them up a bit. 

bmuone

I decided a long time ago that when I had grand kids I did not want them riding on four wheelers or dirt bikes at my house. So I came across a 211-4. Brought it home....took it completely apart....primed...painted...and put back together again. Left the deck off so it is a ride on and they love it. Then I found another 211-4 and I am going to do the same to it. (except it will need another motor). 

My advice is to fixer up and save it. Someday you'll be glad you did. They may be little tractors, but the kids learn to respect the fun and the dangers of driving on a slower more steady vehicle.  And you will greatly enjoy restoring it !

Dayton

• Like 1

70sVintageTrikes

No drain plug as the old peerless transaxles use a grease called Bentonite,  Really nasty stuff and impossible to find as it is no longer manufactured.  I have actually salvaged the grease out of junk transaxles to get more when working on them.

Those tractors can make good cheap go-carts for the kids but that's about it. Not really built heavy enough to do anything but mow flat level ground.  Some people will play with the pullies to speed them up a bit.

If you cant find the bentonite grease, then google must not work for you.. haha It is still being made.