KyBlue

Added to the Stable!

KyBlue

20140914_193434_zps73fdde49.jpg

Ugh ... I just hate when people do not follow correct upkeep on their tractors ... That HAS to be the original filter and I'm betting the fluid is too ... :(   Looking forward to putting it back together and putting it to work...finally!

• Like 1

Geno

That's what most people do around here.  :eusa-doh:  You're less than an hour from me, didn't know anyone else on the board was that close.  :)

Desko

Does not look healthy at all

fireman

Glad to see your back in the saddle working on it! Keep the faith and bring that thing back to life  :music-rockon:

KyBlue

Been slow gathering parts. Still waiting on a couple of tools to assemble the motor... But we'll get there... Pulled it apart today to get the new drive belt on.

Will be replacing the fuel line and adding a filter while I'm at it. Everything else looks good. Has a wiring bug I'll have to sort but shouldn't be hard.

The tough part... Remembering how it all goes back together... Haha

fireman

Isn't that always the case!

flyovrcntry

20140914_193434_zps73fdde49.jpg

Ugh ... I just hate when people do not follow correct upkeep on their tractors ... That HAS to be the original filter and I'm betting the fluid is too ... :(   Looking forward to putting it back together and putting it to work...finally!

That was the first ting I noticed was the painted filter.The first thing I do with any tractor is change fluid and filters.

I love my 417-A,just ordered the foot control for motion. I use the plow for snow,dirt and rock, and the occasional green  rat that wanders onto my property.

KyBlue

FINALLY got the drain plug out ... ugh!  It was half stripped and bent... Ended up having to lay the poor girl on her side so I could hammer the Allen bit up into the Plug!! Ugh I hate Fixing other people's FERK UPS!!!!!  I'll get a new plug tomorrow along with the new fuel line.

Will start on the motor tomorrow ... would LOVE to have it running by the weekend but ... it's doubtful.   I still have to scrounge a drive pulley for the motor ... The list of things to fix on this thing is ever growing ... Argh!  She'll be a good horse though once she gets the neglect taken care of ..

Geno

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have a wrench.   :eusa-doh:   The hard part is over, at least you got her apart!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

jackhammer

Lookin good 4StarCstms  ,,,   loos like you'll have your hands full for a while,  check back with some pics

posifour11

Keep up the good work! She will repay you with dividends!

KyBlue

Small update... New Fuel Line, Cleaned the area around the Fuel Tank. And put it back together. New Hydro Filter and Drain Plug & fluid.  Currently planning to change the filter and Fluid again in the Spring to flush out the remainder of that nasty black liquid that drained out. Still want to strangle the PO!!!!

Picture ... I know it stinks... but I'm focused on the Kohler at the moment.

IMG_7472_zps1e3fbcaa.jpg

Just a reminder, this isn't a restoration at this point ...I'm simply cleaning it up, and making sure she's fit and healthy. Restoration will come in time. For now, She gets to be my primary tractor while I restore my B80 that finally suffered a engine issue (rod knock).

Edited by 4StarCstms
  • Like 1

Geno

You know us, we'll take any pics we can get!   :laughing-rolling:

KyBlue

Since I'm almost at a stopping point with the engine, I'll refocus on the Tractor itself. Until its ready for the motor there isn't much I can do. It's in decent enough shape, though the wiring is a bit ... :scratchead:   However I don't do wiring ... unless I have no other choice (like need to finish mowing or something). Will be getting a friend of mine to Redo the harness over the winter months.

Today I'll get the Trans refilled, Belt on, and Probably blow the Deck apart. See exactly WTF is going on with the shell and how big of a deal it'd be to repair.

Camera is already in the shop :greetings-clappingyellow:

KyBlue

Bit of progress today, got her cleaned up, Trans filled, brackets bolted down, Ready drop the seat Pan on. Fuel line Routed. Engine Plate in place (need new hardware)

IMG_7490_zps42941ff2.jpg

IMG_7489_zps03f239e9.jpg

Somebody abused the heck out of this poor thing ... Look at what they did to the headlight buckets... ugh! These are supposed to be black right? Layers and Layers of Silver ...

IMG_7498_zps01cf66e0.jpg
IMG_7497_zps811c8b95.jpg

• Like 1

Geno

Supposed to be black.  They look good red also.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

post-13404-0-91630500-1411327519_thumb.j

Edited by Geno
  • Like 1

KyBlue

Not a fan of the red... They'll go back to black...

• Like 1

KyBlue

Small Update ...

20140927_212443_zpsxo3r7nwc.jpg

20140927_164534_zpsn80htfhc.jpg

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

You must be itching to fire that thing up! Take your time and get it right the first time. Much cheaper that way lol. Can't wait!

• Like 1

KyBlue

I am but I have to wait on a few small pieces I overlooked when I ordered my parts. So I can't go any further until I get them in a few weeks.

Very much looking forward to hearing... Hope it runs! Haha

• Like 1

KyBlue

Just waiting on one last part ... should be putting it back together next weekend. If I I can remember where it all goes!

Took almost 30 days to get my order from jack`s small engine...

• Like 1

Geno

Did they finally get it all shipped or did you have to order it somewhere else?   :eusa-think:

KyBlue

Had to order the plug elsewhere...

Geno

It happens sometimes...   Glad you have everything on the way.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

jackhammer

Ill be " listening "  for that engine to fire

You got er now Blue