Sign in to follow this  
Jake Kuhn

rj25?

55rj35jr

The photo of the the tractor in Mentone has the later lift arm and brake anyone understand that part? I thought the solid rod lift arm was in the beginning...

Jake Kuhn

The photo of the the tractor in Mentone has the later lift arm and brake anyone understand that part? I thought the solid rod lift arm was in the beginning...

doesn't the lift arm have to ride on the tank stand with the solid ones? 25's had no tank stand.

chevelletown

According to the information I've gathered the RJ-25 was an option that was available through the 1956 year models. If this is true then the RJ-25 would change respective to the RJ-35.

• Like 1

VinsRJ

The solid lift arm versoins engage on the hood stand, not the tank stand.

Also of note is the pic of the RJ25 hood which is loose and not part of a tractor... It has "Wheel - Horse" stamped into the nose... now that maybe a 1956ish hood???

Edited by VinsRJ

WHRNaddict

That RJ 25 hood is interesting. I always thought the RJ 25 was discontinued in 56, the embossed nose was added in 57, that could prove the RJ 25 was offered in 57, at least early 57.

Also the Mentone RJ 25 looks to have a two qt. tank. Only the 3qt. was used with that upper bracket,the smaller tank won't allow the bottom bracket to line up. It looks as though the bottom tank bracket is missing, the tank must have been replaced with the 2qt.

57rj35

The Mentone rj25 is a 1956 model. The Briggs engine has been dated to April of 56.This tractor was found with the engine on it.The gas tank bracket was there but the tank was missing. This is a vane governor engine as stated earlier.