Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

GOING BYE-BYE!

illinilefttackle

God is good- I was trying to sell the 656 for funds for the Foster Kids and couldn't. THEN-I got a call for a guy who lives in South Bend about my craigslist ad. He said he was looking for an older wheel horse because they were made so tough. We talked-he saw my posts about how I had rebuilt it-and was impressed- To make a long story short-I sold it. I had a tear in my eye when it left-it had certainly come along way-from a bunch of parts in boxes to a good looking , hard working tractor. The guy even talked me out of my snow plow.

Now we have our funding-and he has what he was looking for, he is the type of guy that will keep it maintained. I'm attaching some pics- His name is Don-I gave him this web-site as a place to get advice etc. Thanks a lot guys-I know you will help him as you have helped me, if he comes by. Al

IMG_20130215_212826.jpg

IMG_20130215_212840.jpg

post-132-0-95317700-1360984822_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

brandonozz

Al,

It's obvious how much this tractor ment to you but what is more obvious is how much the kids mean to you. I have fostered for several years as well and even adopted a wonderful blessing permanently into my life. The impact people like you make on childrens lives can't be overstated. Sorry for your loss (the tractor) but I'm sure you will sleep well at night with your decision!

• Like 1

Tankman

Sounds like a Grand Slam!

OK with you and wonderful for the kids you're so generously supporting.

God Bless you and the youngsters.

I'm readin' this post, for the umteenth time, God Bless. A wonderful thing you did Al.

I'm nicknamin' you, "Al with the BIG heart."

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Al, you are a good man to give so freely from your heart as you did. God will Bless you in many ways for you act of kindness. Now I hope to see some threads of your C-125.

Van

• Like 1

Ken B

Way to go Al!

64s

Al, Your first three words say it all - God is Good. I've been where you are, fostered, adopted, and had to forgo some things, but I'm sure you realize you're really not giving up anything, you're actually gaining things you can't buy. Stay focused and what really matters and keep up the good work!!

• Like 3

Coadster32

What a really good post to read. Kudos to you Al, for sure. :bow-blue:

Operator

It's hard selling our toys I know Al. You got to survive. I hate to see some of mine leave too.

Randy

PS. Don't hurry, you know what I mean.

Wishin4a416

I bet it is hard to see go. But it sounds like it was for a great cause.

chazm

Al, Its guys like you, that puts others needs before yours, that this country needs more of. :handgestures-thumbupright:

God bless

Chas

• Like 1

JimD

It was just a wonderful thing you did selling the tractor to care for the kids Al. God Bless You. :)

• Like 1

flytalk

God bless you,your a great man for doing that.

• Like 1