meadowfield

Euro Wheel Horse Register

meadowfield

Neil,

That's the plan once we get through the teething troubles!

The register is for all to see, I will do a regular listing update on the site.

Mark

chris sutton

works for me to, well done andy/mark well sorted

meadowfield

Fab, got there in the end. I will find a better way, but for now it gives me a neat mail message with the submitted details.

Had 12 submissions so far, including a norlett! So with my dads that's two on the map :)

Stormin

Reistered my C-125 Mark. Hope I've done it right. Will reg. the C-81 later date.

meadowfield

got it ! first pass at list added, your serial number looks a bit short - or incomplete?

mark

Stormin

Difficult to read I'm afraid. I'll see if I can get a younger pair of eyes to have a look.

Kai Thomsen

Tried to enter mine but not sure if it worked

meadowfield

Kai,

is it on the list :)

Lars

Done Mark..

meadowfield

a few more added...

meadowfield

been a bit quiet, anyone tried to add and not had success or is that it :)

I know it's a bit harder for a few of you - Neil, Andy....  whose collection is so big they have run out of fingers!

Chips1953

Hi All!

I am a new member, living in Carlisle.

I wanted a garden tractor because I have a field with 2 Shetlands. 

I wanted something with a bit of originality, not a Honda/Yamaha Quad.

So I've been looking for some time and have just got a Commando V7, which I towed home last Wednesday.

It's now in bits, being refurbished hopefully. :roll:  :roll: I am going to use it for harrowing, spraying, hay moving and other bits and bobs. Also I want my Grandkids to enjoy it.

So I need a "Pulse Vacuum Fuel Pump" , I think, as the hole where one should be is covered in a home made plate, and she runs a little rough. I've had the head off and all seems good.

The steering wheel pivot block attached to the frame was broken, so it's being welded at the moment and should have it back tomorrow. I am hand painting the castings and spraying the panels.I've also done temp fix to one of the tie bars. Can you buy new ones in the UK? Tyres?

To be honest when the wife and I picked the "Commando" up we fell for it, what a dinky little thing it is. Built like a brick s*** house as they say.

Glad to see so many other interested people.

George

Edited by Chips1953

Norlett

Hi there George.

Welcome aboard.

You will be able to pick most items up.we buy tyres off E..y

Bearings seals Etc from local bearing dealer.Weve not been stuck yet.

We have got several wheel horses on the mend.Painting.Welding.Electrics.Tyres.Etc

Taking Ten wheel horses to our Local Vintage rally in a fortnight.

Any body interested its the Bronte Vintage Gathering.Cullingworth,Near Bradford.

• Like 1

Stormin

Hi George, welcome aboard.

Where abouts in Carlisle? I'm just outside Silloth. My horse and I will be at Hethersgill Vintage Rally at the airport May 5th.

Anglo Traction

:WRS: George,  So you have one of the Illusive Commando V7s !!!   :wwp:.  You'll be the first person that I know of who has a proper Commando V7 of 1969 or 70  ( as per WH Spec) in UK............ Please tell me it still has the original Tecumseh Vertical Shaft Engine ! . 

meadowfield

I always thought they were h70, did they use a peerless box - not paid any attention - guess its close to the A90 or norlett commander. If they are v70, then it's the same engine as the lawn ranger...

Chips1953

:WRS: George,  So you have one of the Illusive Commando V7s !!!   :wwp:.  You'll be the first person that I know of who has a proper Commando V7 of 1969 or 70  ( as per WH Spec) in UK............ Please tell me it still has the original Tecumseh Vertical Shaft Engine ! .

Well I don't know what I have to be honest. The motor is a Kohler with it's drive shaft horizontal.

I'll send some photos later today.

Many thanks for all our replies, seems I won't be short of help.

meadowfield

ahh, so it is a commando 7 (Richard was probably thinking  V7)

Chips1953

Hi George, welcome aboard.

Where abouts in Carlisle? I'm just outside Silloth. My horse and I will be at Hethersgill Vintage Rally at the airport May 5th.

Hi Stormin.

I'm at Great Corby.

May take you up on the date.

George

Chips1953

ahh, so it is a commando 7 (Richard was probably thinking V7)

It's my fault, as I didn't know there anything but a V7, bit now I do.

There appears to several things missing, not least the mower. I don't need one of those, so no loss.

Still intrigued with this "pulse vacuum fuel pump".

The hole is next to the points and it looks as if it may have had a mechanical pump at one time, running from the cam? Or did it use the opening here for the vacuum pulse?

If I use an after market vacuum pump, where do you guys fit the pipe to the cranks case?

So many questions, sorry.

I think this thread is in the wrong area?

Is it possible to move it?

Newbies! :) 

Edited by Chips1953

Anglo Traction

Hi George, No problem.

When you said V7 in your first post, you raised my hopes. Held off on answering the Pump issue, as needed to be sure what Motor you had. If you have a kohler in it, we just need to know the numbers off it and we can see what pump you need. It may not be the original engine......Pics will help a great deal when you can and you can start a new post in the Euro Horse Section.

Regards.

meadowfield

I missed the V7 bit too :o    but know it isn't vertical because we were talking before he joined...  George is another recruit via myself :)

George can you share the model number?  guessing 1-3742.....   and where it was built, just doing my homework and remember I did two lots of commando 7 decals last year...

Both were slightly later than yours with teccy h70 engines. These were sent to Europe as knocked down Work Horse 700's, but badged in the Amnor factory as Commando 7.

cheers

mark

Chips1953

Many thanks to you both.

Today I got the pivot back from the welders, job done apart from the fact he tried to fool me the casting had blown apart.

I was working on the panel work beneath the steering and dash and there is a plate which is from Mountfield, stating oil types and a serial number of 3070.

There is also a plate from the factory in Belgium which I have removed to allow me to spray. The Mountfield plate is glued on so I'll paint around it, even though it's corroded.

The dash has a hole for "Ignition", "Lighter" and lights. So it must have had a battery at one stage. Yes?

I have the plate from the motor casing which I have a photo of, so you can help me understand the history of my machine.

Such an interesting machine, I'll try to get photos to you as soon as I can, Christine has been a tractor widow since I've had the WH, so we went out tonight.

Many thanks.

George.

Edited by Chips1953

Stormin

George, you have a PM.

neil

Congratulations on aquiring your Commando 7 George , you will now be looking for another wheelhorse tractor  to keep it company.

welcome to Redsquare