Sign in to follow this  
876wheelhorse

hydro to manual lift conversion????

876wheelhorse

on my c141 is there away to do away with hydro lift and put a man lift on the tractor. something wrong with lift on tractor i'm not going to mess with it. it is very nice having the hydro lift though. just debating selling tractor or make it get by........any help be nice thanks

jdog_kustoms

you could get all thwe parts off a 8 speed or none hydro lift tractor but would have to couple your hoses together or change the cones i might have a ll the parts even the cones i can look tomarrow

njdpo

Interesting post.

I just posted myself, where I am curious about adding a hydro lift to my 310-8... not being terribly familiar with the way hydros are setup - I think I still need to find myself a hydro pump - to complete my conversion. Lots of things to consider in this type of move - and perhaps I will just find myself a good Hydro w/ hydro lift.

I'm going to a friends house this weekend to see how that all fits together - and see what Im up against.

good luck to you.

876wheelhorse

well i have all the parts to make yours a hydro. if this is too much hassle to do i may just move on from this tractor. hydro lift is very nice always wanted one now realize once it is broke then your going no where fast. nothinig beats the manual lift in my eyes right now

Martin

I would fix the hyd lift, but that's just me. I think you will regret either converting it or selling it. The amount of time you spend converting could be used to rebuild the hyd components, and it won't cost as much as what you would loose by selling the tractor with a non functioning hyd lift (assuming you have a decent investment into the tractor already).....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim

fix it

there is no way a manual lift beats a working hydro lift

gin

I think jdog answered your question.

My 2 cents; fix it > electric actuator > change to manual

6wheeler

After having all man. lifts and then going to hydro. I would never go back. And, my left arm thanks me. On my manual.trans. and lift tractors? I am going to make a hydraulic pump and lift mechanisms that will lift the decks(if I ever put them on those tractors again) and either 3 point hitches or clevis hitches. I will just run separate pumps driven off of the pto's. Then put valves on and cylinders. I would fix your tractor long before I would ever even think of RE- verting it to manual. Unless your hydro is totally junk, I would assume its not if the tractor still drives. You can rebuild or replace the lift cylinder and or the valves. JMO

876wheelhorse

ok anyone live in nw ohio that can help me rebuild this. i like the tractor but when it comes to hydraulics have no clue..............it has been sitting outside since last weekend with blade up in air and i believe it is still in air...... so its holding pressure just gotta find part that is giving me a headache

Martin

i would start with the suggestions that members already posted from your other thread on this subject..........

many members have rebuilt parts of their tractors from members walking them through posts on here. just work out whats not working as it should, post on here, and im sure you will find somebody to walk you through it. pics help a lot. so other than what you already wrote in the other thread whats it not doing correctly?

im sure somebody on here will be able to help you through it......

Edited by Martin

refracman

I live just outside Maumee, and the guy that could really help you lives in Swanton. I'll send you a pm with my #

Torino

I would at least try to find out what is wrong. It may cost more to get the parts for a manual than it is to fix the hydraulic.