Sign in to follow this  
Dieselcowboy

GT14

Dieselcowboy

Any ideas what a GT14 may be worth? I have never been close to one nor know the first thing about them. One for sale has no hood and just a snow plow with it. Suppost to run good. He's asking $400. Not rusty but faded red. Help would be appreciated.

KC9KAS

A little more information and pictures would help, but a 14 hp GT with a (snow?) plow for $400 sounds fair.

Here again, it depends on a lot of factors, and one factor is: Are you happy with the tractor and the deal?

JackC

Prices on those are all over the place. I have seen ones in very nice condition with attachments for $750 on up.

You can spend a lot of time and money looking for parts or attachments for those.

I would look for one that is complete and in good condition and ready to go or close to it.

You also want to be sure the hydro transmission is in good working order.

If you are patient and look around you will see them.

They are neat, heavy duty tractors.

Dieselcowboy

Here is the tractor

I have a 550 ark loader that this would be perfect for and only used for that.

post-6454-0-63078400-1355540784.jpg

JackC

You can Google "craigslist wheel horse GT14" and see what comes up to get an idea of what they are going for.

There was a complete one with mower deck and snow blower for $500 in Utica, NY.

glgrumpy

Not too bad. If you get this, sell me the blade! I'm in IN too and could fetch it for right price! Will need the axle mount for it also. OR, just sell ME the loader and not buy the tractor??

gd.pudge

I would say its worth that. Does it happen to have 3point hitch ( didn't read that close). They are good heavy tractors but parts aren't as readily available as other models or that's what I've found. That's why I have one for parts but do like the gt 14

Wheel-N-It

You might as well buy it. You know you want it. So we will wait here till you get back with some pics of it in your garage :popcorn:

clemedc

Just think what do you have in the loader? Is the GT14 in good operating condition? What are they worth together? (I would imagine alot)

Most importantly whats it worth to you?

Take care I met you b4 with my wife we looked at your 753 I think????

refracman

I have had a few GT14's. Like others said make sure the hydro is good.

Now on to the important stuff. Although the plow looks the correct era, I dont think its a GT14 plow, it looks too close to tires and it doesn't have the feet on the blade. Also the blade for one is 54" wide, this one looks to be a 42". Even though not correct it'll do the job and then some, I put a 42" on mine and it is a plowing machine, just have to watch it when hittin the hard stuff, the plow likes to hit and bind the tire to which way its angled.

Concerning the loader, if its for a C series it won't fit with out some modification, the GT14 frame is both wider and longer than all others.

If you do get it, I have most wear parts and tins.

glgrumpy

Refrac: Not the right plow??? Well, for get my offer on that then! Ha! That's how mine is mounted, too close to the tires when turned. Any idea if the 200 series blade will mount? My blade is the 54", just not real tall.

Hey, refrac, any of those plow feet available from you? OR any homemade ones with a Ski instead? My blade is missing the feet, has the mounts.

JackC

What is a GT14 worth? Original and complete GT14 went for $325 on eBay. Search for auction 251201764986.

Iggy68

I am looking at a couple gt14 right now too. That price seems close to me. There are a bunch of parts on eBay right now for them. I hope to pick one up Saturday.