Sign in to follow this  
HorseWhisperer

All dressed up and no snow to plow!!!!!

HorseWhisperer

I finish dressing up my 68 Raider,New deestones(antifreeze filled to top),125# s apiece lead filled weights and a modified class 3 hitch with 100# s pinned to it and none,nothing,c'mon!post-6115-0-85353500-1355192368_thumb.jp

Edited by commandomayo
  • Like 4

smoreau

Just don't run over your foot! That's got no problem with traction with all that weight!! I'm praying for snow too!

CRE1992

Lol Thanks a lot of weight! and I love it. Looks like your gonna have some fun with that !

HorseWhisperer

Between the bolted on weight:525 and my 240 this thing needs no push in my sloped driveway.It's strong Kohler heart and six speed diff it's gonna do the neighbor hood sidewalk and the road!Whoops hoooo

Wheel-N-It

I bet that little tractor can really get some work sone in a hurry!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Nice lot of weights you have there!

I just switched from "summer" mode to "winter" mode yestreday evening.......Removed the mower and installed the plow & chains. Changing the oil too!

• Like 1

welderman85

Good looking tractor you have there. I also can wait for snow

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Thats gonna do an awesome job! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

Tankman

I'm half ready for snow, two Stallions with plows ready. Two with their decks waitin' for spring blue grass agronomy lessons. Snowblower sits, gathering dust but ready to mount. Chains are in buckets, oiled, sleeping peacefully (hibernating for this winter, I hope).

Hopefully use the plows just to shave the gravel drive on warm sunny days.

I'm hoping the Herd doesn't get their hoofs damp! Seen enough snow for anyone's lifetime, and some!

We should prefer to pick Pomegranates (Chinese apples) in Mesa, AZ and admire the snowy peaks in Flagstaff (from afar, real far).

These two youngsters are gettin' eager for plowin'.

See the "dozers?" Sleepin', waitin' for spring agronomy lessons. Lazy things, still have their decks on! What's with that?

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Thats ONE nice collection of Wheel Horses you have, Tankman!

• Like 1

Tankman

Thats ONE nice collection of Wheel Horses you have, Tankman!

Need 'em like a hole in the head but, they're my buddies. Recently gave up a Commando 800 to a youngster, had a plow on the 800, the kid is prayin' for snow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Semi-retired nowadays, need a few Horses to play with. :-)

The '73 "No Name" is sportin' chrome baby moons. Some old (older than I) gentleman had them in a shed. Gave 'em to me for $0.00 delivered. Great guy!

• Like 1

COMMANDO1

WOW ALL I CAN SAY.......WOW!!!!!! MY COMMANDO ONLY HAS ANTIFREEZE FILLED AG'S AND IT DOES FINE.........

Tankman

Nowadays, I can get by with only chains on the Horse when plowing (pushin' snow).

I'm a little allergic to calling snow pushin' "plowing." I plow every 4-6 inches, then back to coffee and crumb cake gettin' ready for the next "plow."

When my teenage boys lived at home, I chained them to the Stallions! No visiting friends until Dad's drives are clear, walks shoveled, gutters cleaned out, dogs fed and manicured. Mom's kitchen clean, your (boys) rooms cleaned, homework done, no BBS (Bulletin Board Service) homework swaps.......or else! Oh yeah! Put all the tools away too!

Neighbor tells me, quietly, "Your boys race up and down the road on your Wheel Horses when you're not home. Just thought you should know."

Like duh! Boys 'n Horses? 'Course they wanna ride 'em cowboy!

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I'm half ready for snow, two Stallions with plows ready. Two with their decks waitin' for spring blue grass agronomy lessons. Snowblower sits, gathering dust but ready to mount. Chains are in buckets, oiled, sleeping peacefully (hibernating for this winter, I hope).

Hopefully use the plows just to shave the gravel drive on warm sunny days.

I'm hoping the Herd doesn't get their hoofs damp! Seen enough snow for anyone's lifetime, and some!

We should prefer to pick Pomegranates (Chinese apples) in Mesa, AZ and admire the snowy peaks in Flagstaff (from afar, real far).

These two youngsters are gettin' eager for plowin'.

See the "dozers?" Sleepin', waitin' for spring agronomy lessons. Lazy things, still have their decks on! What's with that?

Still laughing@"lazy things"!Great multitasking herd Tankman! Edited by commandomayo

HorseWhisperer

My driveway is pretty steep and no tractor I have owned can manage without chains and it's a mess in spring because of the chains(blacktop and all)So hopefully this season we get a little snow so I can "test" the setup.I have the new studded 12" tires

on standby!I loaned my 1054 to the brother-in-law cause......well I can't drive two horses at once and he has a good sized driveway.The way I see it is all summer I prepped,couple storms I laugh,then I watch the neighbors shovel while I throw empty nickels their way!

squonk

I can't believe it hasn't snowed here yet. A co-worker has put off putting up his snow fence. I figure If he ever does we won't get anything. :*****:

neil

I finish dressing up my 68 Raider,New deestones(antifreeze filled to top),125# s apiece lead filled weights and a modified class 3 hitch with 100# s pinned to it and none,nothing,c'mon!post-6115-0-85353500-1355192368_thumb.jp

Thats one wicked looking tractor , could you post some more pics of that ?

JackC

"The '73 "No Name" is sportin' chrome baby moons. Some old (older than I) gentleman had them in a shed. Gave 'em to me for $0.00 delivered. Great guy!"

Tankman, those moons look like they are worth some Mooolaa. Those are hard to come by in good condition. The chrome plating is very thin.

I would keep them in my safe rather than put them on a tractor. But might as well enjoy them. They look great on any wheel horse.

Tankman

"The '73 "No Name" is sportin' chrome baby moons. Some old (older than I) gentleman had them in a shed. Gave 'em to me for $0.00 delivered. Great guy!"

Tankman, those moons look like they are worth some Mooolaa. Those are hard to come by in good condition. The chrome plating is very thin.

I would keep them in my safe rather than put them on a tractor. But might as well enjoy them. They look great on any wheel horse.

The finish on these is excellent. The old timers' yard and barn were clean, and I mean impecable. He gave me the hub caps 'cause he knows, "I love my Horses." :)

Wish I had a set for my other Stallions.

• Like 2

MalMac

The team sits ready, but how long can you keep their high level of intensity and motivation before thoughts turn to warmer temps and smell of green grass to cut?IMG_9569.jpg

• Like 2

Ken B

That looks like a pretty nice setup you have there. Make sure to take pics or video if ya get any snow!

My 633 and 520 are still arguing about who gets to do the work when the first storm hits.

013-4.jpg

• Like 3

HorseWhisperer

Neil,I will get a few up this weekend.I reckon that old custom raider might just give my local municipality a run for their money!Snow needs to fall here in NY or I'm gonna mow my yard again!

Edited by commandomayo

HorseWhisperer

That's a nice lookin machine right there!Almost too nice to be covered in snow!

dandan111

Thanks commando.

• Like 1