Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

Pics of my homemade Trac-Vac.

zieg72

A long time coming but this is the 2nd and final revision. I made the first one much smaller and out of wood to see if it would work. The blower/motor combo started life as a self propelled walk behind vacuum, the kind you see at outdoor malls. The frame was from a pop up camper and the rest is angle iron and doors from a fixture that housed a ball mill for grinding pigments in making paint. Everything was free except the chute and hose. The Kohler Magnum 8hp runs great season after season. I run it out of gas before long periods without being used and I just cover the engine with a tarp. Overall it works great but not having the exact chute for the deck it doesn't work as well as it could. The one negative is it is cumbersome to empty but I built it with doors on 3 sides to make it easier and I can do the entire yard with one load.

post-96-0-51774800-1353607406_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-55036700-1353607626_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-72136400-1353607646_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-95697200-1353607655_thumb.jpg

Edited by zieg72

Sparky

Now thats a huge leaf trailer! Slap some red paint on it and call it done. Nice!!

Mike.........

varosd

"Ahh Sir? do you have a license plate for that ...ah, rig?" :rolleyes: looks like you could store an RJ in there off season! Trac-vac must mean "Tractor Trailer"-Vac!

seth0804

that is awesome is that a 42" mower deck and what is the number of the trac vac chute??

zieg72

that is awesome is that a 42" mower deck and what is the number of the trac vac chute??

48" deck on my 520H but the chute was from my 1996 269H with a 52" deck. the 42" is the same as the 48" from the research I have found.

seth0804

what are the numbers on the chute they should read something like 540-7?? thanks

zieg72

what are the numbers on the chute they should read something like 540-7?? thanks

TV439-8 is the # on the receipt from 12/99 from my Toro dealer. I just went out and looked, it is a 439-8

Tankman

Been checking out, thinkin' about, lawn vac's.

Yours looks great, nice job.

Search for homemade lawn vac's on youtube.com, lots of interesting setups.

One setup I saw, don't remember where, used ductwork. Simple enough.

A boot attached to the side discharge, elbow, and pipe.