Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

Coles Burban

Wheelhorse84

Left that white get a little dirty and a little less tire shine and I think you'll be much happier with that look.

AMC RULES

Nice to have options to play with...I'd like it, for a little while. :popcorn:

Edited by #1 WHEELHO

stevebo

My vote is black rims with the white wall tires.

Ken B

My vote is black rims with the white wall tires.

We think alike Steve. That is the way I think its gonna be.

Ken B

What we thought might look cool looked cooler before we put the rims back on the tractor, so its back to black! Left the white walls, we don't mind em too much.

005-7.jpg

• Like 3

Lars

cool pict Ken.. i like it.. i see u have lowerd the fenders.. but not the same way i did it .. but it sure looks bad :)

stevebo

That is the ticket ken... what do I see up front??

dclarke

That's lookin Good, Ken. I like the black rims with the white walls! :thumbs:

Ken B

That is the ticket ken... what do I see up front??

I'm messing around with some headlight idea's......

Ken B

After experimenting with a few different headlight options we like the HL-5's the best!

002-13.jpg

003-12.jpg

• Like 1

Wheelhorse84

Those look good.

Ken B

Nice to have options to play with...I'd like it, for a little while. :popcorn:

Well that didn't last! Cole really didn't like the white walls, I'm not too sure I did either. Not too sure we liked the black rims either, Cole said it looks kinda blah with black rims, seat and pipes? Soooooooooooo, third time stripping these rims down to repaint them! Sooner or later we'll get it right. I have some spare time at work at the moment between projects. My shop at work is finally spotless so I offered a full restore top to bottom. (so long as Cole pitched in when possible) Cole looked at me and says, Dad, thanks but no thanks, I like the rust! Ya gotta love that. I do have a 633 that I could do a full restore on but for some reason I can't get motivated on that one. Might send that one down the road and find another project.

006-12.jpg

• Like 1

jimt1971

Ken,

What did the other headlights look like? i am looking for something for my 701.

Jim

• Like 1

Ken B

The bullet shaped lights were an indoor/outdoor light I converted to 12 volts. Look on epay, quite a bit of choices if ya want to spend a little money.

stevebo

"down the road" .....

VinsRJ

Another project?.....

Ken B

Well, we decided to go ahead with a full restore on this one. I couldn't stand the condition that the frame was in on this tractor. and when you got the tractor out in the sun it looked pink! (which is cool for a chicks tractor) Some hack took a grinder to the frame back in the day and ground half of it away in spots. Why? The frame and all the tins were pitted something fierce. You name it, it was pitted! I had to get out my mig welder and build the frame up where it was ground down and then smooth it out. I sandblasted everything and then filled all the pitting. Quite a bit of hrs into this one. I've been working on this one a few weeks now. Body work isn't as easy as it used to be for me, I have carpal tunnel pretty bad and doing body work and sanding makes my hands numb the whole time.

The tires and rims are temps. I think I might splurge for some new meats. Cole DOES want black rims. Another few weeks and it'll be done.

017-3_zps5f36ad96.jpg

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

looks great ken!

953 nut

Cloe is a lucky boy to have a dad like you, and you  are fortunate to have a son who likes your hobby. Happy to see a good fathre and son project!  :text-thankyouyellow:   :wh: 

Ken B

More progress since yesterday. We decided on a black motor, so black it is! Cole is having second thoughts on black rims, he is now thinking he might like the chome look. With his birthday money I think we are gonna spring for new tires. I think I'm liking his Rod better than mine, maybe he'll do a swaparoo?

009-12_zpsd0d72e9d.jpg

008-13_zps185c2ceb.jpg

007-13_zps416c1828.jpg

006-15_zps7253810b.jpg

005-17_zps1f76fcd4.jpg

• Like 3

stevebo

Ken-

As usual your work is excellent! Not a chance Cole is tradin ya! I would go with the black rims with white lettering on the tires. Maybe even some sort of black custom decals too??

Wheelhorse84

Very nice

fireman

Ken nice job! 

Go see Dr. Lunt at "The Hand Center" on Tamarack for the Carpal Tunnel. He is one of the best hand surgeons in the area. I had both of my hands done and no more numbness! The way he does it, it's a very short healing time. 

JimmyZ

Black rims...My favorite.

roscoemi

A set of chromed star rims gets my vote. :handgestures-thumbupright: