Sign in to follow this  
Todd

92-94 ish 73501 520H

Todd

Looking to purchase a plow for the tractor.Need to push alot of matted leaves and branches into the woods,basic property clean up.Need some help with direction with plow type and numbers .Have read alot of conflicting topics on the internet .The tractor does have sweeped forward front axel.All opinions and suggestions would be appreciated.Thankyou...

post-8737-0-06720500-1352369234.jpg

• Like 1

Kelly

Pretty much any plow for the long frame tractors from the late 60's up will fit, BUT you will need the ext. kit to make them fit the 520 with the forward swept axle, it moves the plow fowards about 4" the kit is 3 pieces the rear bracket that moves the blade forward, the center cross bar that moves the lift location back 4" and the handle that angles backwards so it does not hit the PTO and makes it easier to reach, the kits complete are not cheap, or easy to find.

cheesegrader

If you don't use the extension, you can plow with the blade set straight, and can angle the blade, but you will rub against at least one front tire with the blade angled.

I was able to use my blade for a few years this way.

My blade is 0648bc02

The extension bracket will move the blade forward 4", so it will not rub the front tires when angled.

This creates two new problems. The arm to control blade angle will be too far forward to operate from the seat, and will hit the PTO.

There is replacement arm with the propper bend to solve this problem. It is simple enough to be fabricated, and might still be available from TORO.

The second problem is the lift point.

I have the center cross bar attachment to move the lift point back, but I don't use it.

I have a 1" straight bar that goes from the ram to the original lift point. It gives me enough down pressure to lift my front end off the ground.

I need it to work in dirt or gravel on my driveway. A chain hung from the mower lift bar will give blade lift with no down pressure. This works fine for snow. It can be attached to the original lift point. I don't really see the need for the center cross bar adapter.

I hope this makes sense

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos::WRS:

cheesegrader

There is a picture of the extension bracket and the 1"downpressure bar in the classified section by John Sullivan, but it has already sold.

Shuboxlover

I have the two difficult pieces to find...(the rear and the middle brackets) I don't have the "bent" handle but it looks easy to make. Send me a PM if you're interested.