Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse_of_course

WH trip bucket or artist's imagination?

WheelHorse_of_course

Now here is an interesting item on ebay :whistle:

It is a hand drawn piece of artwork that illustrates a WH.

But, even more intriguing is a trip bucket a la Johnny Bucket on the front.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250273990026

Did such ever exist? B)B)

If so please post it!

CasualObserver

They've sold a few of these over the past year... a couple I would have liked to have bought... sometimes they get $20, others have gone over $75?? I think it's all in who wants it. There have been quite a few different scenes, all with a different attachment. Neat old pictures, regardless.

As far as the trip bucket.....? I don't think so, but it's possible I've never seen one in the literature, but it could have been an experimental idea, or there could have been an after-market one. If I understand the listing description, the artist was doing sketches for potential future advertising. I've never seen the allied attachments catalog for the early 60s. Dustin had that lit on the loader bucket... it's possible there could have been a trip bucket. Would be interesting to find the older Allied catalogs. I've talked to Ed Cole at Toro about it before, and he said his lit collection only goes back to about 1969, and even that's pretty sketchy. I'd guess the one person who could probably tell us would be Mike Martino.