Sign in to follow this  
tractornut86

Girlfriend's surprise....a 857

tractornut86

My girlfriend has been bugging me to buy her something pretty she says (as in a ring or jewelry). Well I went and bought her this 857 Wheel Horse, and need less to say she was speechless but only for a minute or two haha. It needs a little minor work like takeing off those stacks but over all a nice running tractor.

post-7463-0-54742100-1346977787_thumb.jp

post-7463-0-53012500-1346977817_thumb.jp

Wheel Horse Kid

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:I bet that would make her speechless! At least you will get to enjoy it! :) Very nice 857!

Jake Kuhn

Thats a good reason to buy tractors :ROTF:

smoreau

That a great way to train her right Jake! :ROTF: :ROTF: Start off with buying her a tractor! I will have to remember that one. :thumbs: Nice find also there Jake

AMC RULES

OH, that's how you do it, note to self...get the wife a tractor.

Pronto! :)

• Like 1

speedyleedy

Good job at finding your girl friend that tractor ! That's a sign of true love :eusa-think:

• Like 1

neil

you old romantic you.

I bet she was amazed when you said to her ......Honey ive bought you a horse.

she has a real nice tractor

great find

• Like 1

Tankman

Nice Mare for the Mare! If she wants to ride, she's got the best!

Close up of the hood ornament? I was thinkin', "a Mack bulldog for my Raider." Makes sense don't it?

stevasaurus

Nice choice of horses also. :) The 857 is my favorite and my go to horse...and that one looks great. Hard to beat a short frame square hood. :woohoo: :occasion-cake:

Don1977

Your the man! :bow-blue: At least it was something big enough she couldn't throw it at you, just don't turn you back the first time she drives it. :ROTF:

Can you tell us what she said when she started talking? Or will the board delete most of it? :ychain:

KC9KAS

She is one lucky gal to have a man willing to spend his hard earned money on a nice pretty tractor for his gal!

My wife has said she wants a tractor, but not relly said what she is looking for or wants....Maybe she just wants me to restore one of the current tractors for her.

tractornut86

Well she is only 22 yrs old and last month in Portland,Ind was the first time she had ever rode a tractor in her life and it was a 310-8. She wanted a tractor that she could "fix" up but i knew if i got a old rusty one it would still be rusty 10 yrs from now. I think one of the reasons it was such a shock was she saw it listed and she was going to buy it as a early birthday gift for me. I told her keep her money and find something older and more rusty for me haha. Im very slowly turning a city girl into one of those rare tractor girls. Hahaha

• Like 1

312Hydro

Nice Mare for the Mare! If she wants to ride, she's got the best!

Close up of the hood ornament? I was thinkin', "a Mack bulldog for my Raider." Makes sense don't it?

I think that is Cupid on the hood ornament! :ychain: Very thoughtful to give her such a nice tractor. I hope she gets much enjoyment from it! :handgestures-thumbupright:

tractornut86

Haha. Thats a eagle on the hood and its comeing off as soon as i get a original oranament for it. The stacks are already off of it too. I can say though that 8hp did sound kinda mean with them.

drscooby

ITS GOT RINGS ON IT BUT NOT THE RING SHE WANTED

MarkPalmer

But the "dual" stacks and tacky hood ornament made it such an awesome pulling tractor.............. for a circus clown :laughing-rofl: They are fun little tractors just to putter around on!

-Mark-

AMC RULES

Darn...I kinda liked the dual stacks, at least on your tractor I did. :ychain:

tractornut86

Speaking of rings i might need some. Did change oil but just randomly it will puff out some smoke. It doesnt all the time just once in awhile but if i were to hand her some rings id just be asking for her to start throwing them at me lol. The main reason got it was to be a show tractor as in something to just ride on while at shows. I hit bout 10 shows a year so i get tired of walking but wanted something reliable and look decent.

jpmcleod

Since no one has asked them, are the double stacks set-up available for buying? I don't have a problem putting them on one of my tractors. I have several with single cylinder Kohler engines. Let me know if you would sell the set-up ( price + shipping) to jerry.pugh5170@yahoo.com.

I currently have two twin Kohler powered Wheel Horse tractors (working on the third) with Harley Davidson Sporster chrome mufflers on them and they sound and look awsome.

Thanks. Your tractor looks great.

tractornut86

It was a real simpke set up, it just teed off and when it went up they put crome pipe over top and peice or diamond plate to cover the t off. It was home made and would gave you it but 2 days ago it went in a load of scrap.