Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

Wheel Horse Toy Tractor set on eBay goes for $170.31

rmaynard

Did anyone see the :techie-ebay: auction that just ended yesterday for Wheel Horse toys?

post-2221-0-65964900-1344431532.jpg

Final sale price was $170.31. :omg:

Was anyone here the buyer or the lucky seller? Just curious.

whfan74

Yeah I saw that too!

Hopefully Buckrancher weighs in on this. He has just the tractor. Hammerhead has a couple sets himself.

whfan74

Here is the thread from Hammerhead!

CasualObserver
spend.gif HA!.... I doubt anyone will admit to that. It had to be a case of really, really, REALLY wanting them. The last time I saw a set on ebay, I think they only went for about $75... and they were still in the bag... and I thought that was still too much. It's a plastic toy..... and there are many sets known to exist. Now... if it had included the Econoline truck.... maybe. That green Lawn & Garden truck is a hard one to find. There's a guy who reproduces the decal for it.

Hammerhead

Hey Thanks for the heads up there WHfan74!! Glad to get some recognition around here. I didn't get this set of toys. I would have bid on them but it got way to high for me right now. I am kinda broke after buying that last pile of WH stuff last weekend. These toys are totally cool and still pretty rare by most standards. Party on.....KJ

Ken B

It does seem like a lot of dough for a plastic toy, BUT, for the guy out there that might have all the tractors he wants, needs, is outta room or is allowed to have maybe it ain't so bad. If the last one is the case its a nice way too sneek another Horse in the back door and the old lady will be none the wiser. :) I'd like to have a set as I'm kinda moving into the trinket part of the hobby but 170.00 bucks is too rich for me.

buckrancher

yea I followed it but didn't bid I was supprised they didn't go for over $200 I told glenjeri about them at the charlotte show

maybe he bid on them

Brian

64s

The little yellow guy in the picture fell over when he heard the price :laughing-rofl: .

• Like 1

AMC RULES

WTHey...were they signed by Cecil? :scratchead:

GlenPettit

Brian: I do look for these original 1961 Toys at every Antique store, someday I hope to find a set, and hopefully for not too much.

I do have the 1970 "Lawn Care Set", found it on eBay for only $15 (+$6 S&H), but it's a very generic tractor & trailer without any attachments or driver, this is it below, #8290, a Ford Bronco, fairly easy to find. Interesting history about the company on this site: (www.tnttoytrucks.com/Nylint.html).

DSCN0094.jpg

On the original 1961 model, the driver fits in both the truck cab and on the tractor. I understand Nylint did not get permission from Wheel Horse in 1961 to use the model 551 tractor for this set, and thus no name on the tractor, which is probably why the next one in 1970 was so generic. There is a museum in California that has all the Nylint truck sets, and the original 1961 also has 3 hand tools (shovel, rake & hoe). The original 1961 (#7000 Lawn & Garden Service) does pop up on eBay once-twice a year: and like most models, if you have the original box in good shape, the price increases.

(www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Nylint+Chevy+Pickup+Truck+and+vehicle+trailer+).

My personal collection of Toy Lawn & Garden Tractors (1:16 size) is up to twenty-five now, but I have no $100--$1,000 models: (on eBay: "Garden Tractor Toy"), Ertl never made a Wheel Horse or a Craftsman tractor, but I think every other brand Garden Tractor is available; older Cub Cadets seem to command the higher prices (a 1:16 model metal toy may cost more than the same full size restored model), because Ertl made so many John Deeres, those prices are usually lowest. The 'price list' for Nylint Toy Collectors recommends a sale/retail price of $350 for the #7000 truck set.

Glen

546cowboy

That's just crazy! Plastic toys for $170 and the steel ones for $1000. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confusion-confused:

kloe0699

Nice toys.. I have bought 3 tractors at once for less though. I guess everyone has their passions.