Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Picked up a little Bolens today

Kelly

Well maybe it's not so little, it's a 1971 Bolens 1476 with a wisconsin 14hp single in it, hydro drive with 3 point, hyd lift, front and mid shaft PTO, the rear tires are 26x12x12 the fronts are 20x8x10 it came with a snow blade, brinley cultivators, 48" shaft drive deck, a 3 point adaptor, 3 sets of tires chains, and cast wheel weights, the guy I got it from used it for a number of years to plow around his plane hanger, and used it to move his plane in and out also, but it has sat in the hanger for a few years unused so by word of mouth I picked it up, when I got home it only took about 15 min. to get it running and driving, this thing is a BEAST, and very fast, the gas tank has to be 4 gal. if not near 5 gal, it is huge, the seat is very nice, it's the style like the early 70's WH, it will be for sale soon, I only bought it to resell, I have a few things I need to do to it, but so far it has been a good deal.

post-85-0-00725200-1340845236_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-71854800-1340845612_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-99113600-1340845701_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-00173800-1340845837_thumb.jpg

Zeek

I'm a :wh: guy but I will support you on this one. I love the beefy look of that Bolens . . . cool tractor!

Jake Kuhn

That is one nice tractor kelly! Very heavy duty. Jake

Sparky

Looks like its comparable to a Wheel Horse-D series size machine Kelly. I always figured the Wheel Horse two piece seat was a Wheel Horse only type item but that seat is exactly like the mid seventies WH two piece seats but with a Bolens logo.

Mike............

Kelly

Here is a few pics that didn't load the first time, setting next to a 520H

post-85-0-06125400-1340846327_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-86016400-1340846578_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-24031400-1340846500_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-19791100-1340846666_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-61446200-1340846758_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-86476500-1340846864_thumb.jpg

Kelly

I've seen the seats that style on many other brands with their logos and colors, yes I'd say it is D sized but in my opinion built much heavier, you should see the frame under this thing, has to be 5" C chanel rails with cast iron cross members in it.

And it has a foot control for the hydro.

1maidenfan

I've seen the seats that style on many other brands with their logos and colors, yes I'd say it is D sized but in my opinion built much heavier, you should see the frame under this thing, has to be 5" C chanel rails with cast iron cross members in it.

And it has a foot control for the hydro.

Possible you can post (or send me) some up close pic's of the foot operated hydro controls? :thanks:

By the way , nice bolens.

Really liking the loader tractor in the back ground of your second pic. :text-datsphatyo:

Ken B

I love the older Bolens tractors. They are built like a Sherman Tank! It sure does make that 520 look like a Tonka toy don't it?

CRE1992

Kelly that thing is awesome! I wish you were closer so I could take a look at it!

bowtiebutler956

Wow, that thing makes the 520 look like a midget, and the fuel tank! :scared-eek: Very cool find. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

perry

really good find there . it's just like my bolens 1886 i had. they are a beast of a tractor. are those the 10" front rims. believe that was a option .

KC9KAS

I agree with others here...That Bolens is a beast!

Looks like you have a lot of treasures in the background.

Kelly

Perry they are 10" rims on the front, and 99% of the treasures are for sale, if you see something you just gotta have.

hm12460

Kelly, a few years ago my John Deere 216 was the the undisputed tractor pulling king in my neighborhood, until a neighbor down the road got one of those beasts!

corn53

That thing is sweet!!! I`d tell my brother (hes a Bolens fan) but I dont wanna hear it!! Hes a got ht-20 with a loader. That thing is a beast also!!! :snooty:

JUSS10

Man that's cool! Where you going to list it? This machine has peaked my curiosity....