Sign in to follow this  
Jake Kuhn

The surprise is here! please help with indentification

Jake Kuhn

Well Guys My godfather showed this too me last october and i had no idea what it was. But then he showed it to me again and it looked like part of a lever steer. The rear of the tractor looks like if was from a lever steer. He said that the steering had been changed. The front looks like it is off of a speedex. It has a briggs modelzzp on it that runs great. The motor on it slides to disengage the clutch which is interesting. If you guys could look through the pics and help tell me what all of the stuff on it is from and what is from a pond that would really help me out. I wish he would sell it to me but that will probably never happen. The tractor is very neat to drive though. I got lucky and he left it at the house don't know how long it will stay. Pics are located here http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee470/jakekuhn/Lever%20Steer%20with%20some%20speedex%20and%20others/ Thanks for the help. Jake

stevasaurus

WOW, that is very cool Jake, and in nice shape too. Engine sounds great. Sorry, I have no idea what the parts are from. :)

tractornut46

From the transmission back is all pond with the excepton of the ratchet lift and rear hitch setup.The front axle and wheels is all pond also.The engine is prob orig as well as the used the ZZP Briggs

Jake Kuhn

Thanks for the info,It does have a zzp briggs on it. What were these engines rated at for hp? Jake

tractornut46

I believe they were rated at 6 to 7hp depending on rpm.

bowtiebutler956

That is too cool Jake! :text-datsphatyo: I just looked up the engine at the antique small engine club, and it said they were rated from 4-6 hp. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

AMC RULES

Very cool tractor Jake...wondering is the hood is metal or fiberglass?

whlpny

That is one of the best resurected Ponds I have ever seen- way cool! Thats a great find he has there Jake- you need to work on him and talk him out of it for your collection! What area did he find it in- Mi?

Wheel Crazy
  • Like 2