AMC RULES

GOT DUALS?

littleredrider

I'm gonna make a set of those mini duals. I have an extra set of 6-12 that the lug holes are wallowed out, gonna cut out around the holes where the weights would get bolted on then reinforce on the backside....Looks sweet, almost float on the water with those!!

perry

my 877

1a008.jpg

whshow004.jpg

whshow015-1.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES

I'm diggin' those tractors guys...both are bada$$. :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

sorekiwi

Finally got the tires swapped and the duals mounted. DMI mini-duals... Clamp on style with no wheel centers just like the big boys.

Love that look Jason, that is just awesome! ! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

and love your signature too!

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Thanks guys!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

AMC RULES

Where do DMI mini duals come from Jason?

Some way cool rims there. :thumbs:

CasualObserver

These are built by DMI (Dietrich Manufacturing Inc) of Goodfield, IL. I used to live in Goodfield, just down the street and around the corner from the DMI plant. If you are familiar with farm equipment, you likely know the name. They made plows and rippers and the like for years, they made DMI bumpers which were the standard in spring loaded proximity hitches for towing farm implements with a truck, and they made Super-Loc clamp on duals for full size farm tractors. DMI like most small companies was inevitably sold off and broken up. CNH Global (the international conglomerate that is Case/IH and New Holland) bought and produced DMI farm equipment for many years. Unverferth in OH bought the rights to make clamp on duals, and I think Rigid Hitch bought the rights to the DMI bumper.

Anyway... I found these on ebay a few years back listed as Massey Ferguson garden tractor duallies. Looked for years to find a matching set of Goodyear Terra Tires to match the set I already had. Finally found them and got them mounted. I've spoken with Mr. Dietrich (the former owner of DMI) and he told me they called these Mini-duals and they were made for Cubs in 1967. It was a small one or two time production run. But that's all he remembered. There isn't any paperwork, and finding these is few and far between. I had one good decal and I've already had vinylguy whip me up some decals for the restoration when I eventually get to it.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

AMC RULES

Post #46 here in this thread, features someone at the Arendtsville Pa. show who reproduced a custom rim very similar to those DMI's Jason.

CasualObserver

Yep... There have been a bunch of reproductions made, and I think they look really good in a 6x12 size. There was a Cub collector who was making and selling exact copies a few years ago, but I don't know if he still is or not. I've asked him. I only know of four original sets. (and two of them belong to other RS members.) :hide: I know there are probably more out there... but like I said... few and far between.

It's the deep dish look of the open wheel center that really makes it cool to me. :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Can we get a close up of the mounts...to see how those clamps work Jason? :thanks:

Easy to put on, and take back off are they?

CasualObserver

The second picture is the best view I got to turn out... I'll try to get better ones later. No time for a day or two though.

Lars

Know this is of topic.. but i have a set of the goodyear.. got the tires from a Bolens 1254 i have and the tires was org on that tractor it's from 71. i have them now on my raider10 here are some pict of them

20120815_220823.jpg20120815_220638.jpg

20120815_220605.jpg20120815_220533.jpg

20120815_220512.jpg and i also have the front tires to it 20120815_221148.jpg

20120815_221058.jpg the tractor they came off IMAG0299-1.jpg

Lars

• Like 1

Champscotty58

Do those mini duals have a spacer ring on the back side as part of the rim, or do they have a separate spacer?

I also have a set of the 23x8.50 goodyears on my 1267. One is chewed up on the edge of the lugs, though. From what I don't know, like that when purchased.

CasualObserver

Yes, the spacer ring is a welded part of the rim. They're one piece. Here's a pic of when I bought them on eBay back in 2009.

dmi.jpg

Sent from my Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

Wheel Crazy

my 877

1a008.jpg

whshow004.jpg

whshow015-1.jpg

Isn't that on Craigslist? :eusa-think:

AMC RULES

zduals.jpg

• Like 1

krazy_horse

I like all of these,never did see duels on a garden tractor till I joined the RS forum. These tractors are way cool!!

• Like 1

fourwheels0

here's mine. i just got this.

1980 1100 special.

DSCN4603.jpg

AMC RULES

:party: :text-happynewyear::rs: :party:

post-3498-0-16477100-1356539965_thumb.jp

pumper.atv

How about 1 dual?

post-1188-0-98625000-1356582205_thumb.jp

• Like 1

3609horse

Here is my latest with dual's just waiting to push some snow. Its snowing right now so by morning I will get to use it.

post-6058-0-12586300-1356588338_thumb.jp

post-6058-0-13127900-1356588358_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Duff

Man, I LOVE that paint scheme!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

3609horse

Man, I LOVE that paint scheme!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks, it was painted light pink with flower stickers and had a light coat of black paint trying to cover it, so I went all black. It was for my son and he liked it.

Gene...

Jake Kuhn

A picture I found from when I had just finished the 401. Shining in the sun staring at the farm LOL ~Jake

101_1202.jpg

• Like 2

roscoemi

Thanks Jake, now P'chop wants duals and a tall stack on his 'Ranger! :banghead: Lol!

• Like 1