Sign in to follow this  
Terry M

HH60 decals

Terry M

Has anybody ever seen new decals for an HH60 tecumseh? seem hard to find.

post-5864-0-27302200-1336666921_thumb.jp

illinilefttackle

Terry- Tecumseh engines are used in a lot of Mini-bikes etc-This site seems to have your decal-I believe they call it the "Balloon" style-Al

http://shop.rupppart...-Decals_c42.htm

Terry M

Terry- Tecumseh engines are used in a lot of Mini-bikes etc-This site seems to have your decal-I believe they call it the "Balloon" style-Al

http://shop.rupppart...-Decals_c42.htm

Thanks for the info. I've found those before but the HH 60 decal says "CAST IRON" and the "EZEE START " is omitted because it (i thought ) refered to the electric start which the HH60 is not. Thanks anyway, I"ve not found that sight before. :)

AMC RULES

Search "Tecumseh decal" on Ebay.

Terry M

I've tried many combinations on the ebay search. I'll try "tecumseh decal" and see what happens- Thanks craig

Terry M

I've tried many combinations on the ebay search. I'll try "tecumseh decal" and see what happens- Thanks craig

I tried that craig , no luck Thanks :)

Terry M

sorry, I just guess I'm being picky about the decal by trying to find the identical one thats on the engine and has the word CAST IRON. The decals on ebay look pretty good and I really like the almost square chrome looking one that just says tecumseh with a picture. The white balloon / 6hp decal looks like a good one and looks almost the same. another idea I thought looked nice is just painting "wheel horse on the engine like Matt from texas did. I guess I'll just worry about it when I get to that point.

thanks for the help guys :):text-thankyouyellow: :thanks:

wheelhorse656

Terry this decal set has the one correct decal for your 606 Its the Indian head decal like this!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item231b9646e0

This is the ezzz start that goes directly below the "Indian head" decal. The thunder bolt decal is not correct and wont be used.....

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5ae4adc8a2

This is the air cleaner and lubrication (sieral number decal) you need for your 606

http://www.ebay.com/...=item231b9646de

IT was a pain to find all these when I restoered my 656 but all these decals make a correct set for your tractor. The decal on it now is not original for a wheelhorse that balloon style was mostly used on troy built tillers and things like that. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-bravo:Jordan :text-goodpost:

Terry M

here is a picture that martin sent me. The decal on the lower right is the closest i've found so far. wording that curves around the the top edge of the balloon reads " dependable cast iron heavy duty extra longlife engine" . I believe thats how the HH60 is displayed. The other decal on jordans post is for the non-castiron aluminum H60 engine from what I've been told. If anybody has an H60 and/or an hh60 engine with the original decal still intact, please post them so I can really see whats on these engines. That way I may just get one produced by somebody. Thanks :)

post-5864-0-54789300-1336751425.jpg

AMC RULES

I think the year of manufacture of your machine is important to include too, as we've seen...all these decals are not alike.

My original, '63 Tecumseh decal on the engine tins isn't anything like the "baloon" style shown here.

post-3498-0-40405400-1336767629_thumb.jp

Terry M

I think the year of manufacture of your machine is important to include too, as we've seen...all these decals are not alike.

My original, '63 Tecumseh decal on the engine tins isn't anything like the "baloon" style shown here.

Hey Craig, Is this an electric start tecumseh? Just trying to figure out what the lightening bolt/EZEE start sign refers to on these tecumsehs? Electric start? solid state ignition? maybe none of the above? :scratchead:

Kelly

I think your engine has been replaced, the 606 would have had the H60 from the factory, the HH60 is the replacment engine.

AMC RULES

Mine is a 653, with a replacement HH60 block, and electric start.

CasualObserver

Terry, I think your best bet would be to contact the ebay guy. I'm guessing he's probably like our Vinylguy and is printing these decals himself. Just because he doesn't have your decal listed on ebay right now doesn't mean he doesn't have the image. Send him a note and see.

Terry M

Terry, I think your best bet would be to contact the ebay guy. I'm guessing he's probably like our Vinylguy and is printing these decals himself. Just because he doesn't have your decal listed on ebay right now doesn't mean he doesn't have the image. Send him a note and see.

Thanks Jason, I asked the ebay guy about a few days back and gave him a description and have not heard back from him yet.

Terry M

I think your engine has been replaced, the 606 would have had the H60 from the factory, the HH60 is the replacment engine.

Hi Kelly, I've had others tell me the same, but the info in our file section states 606/656 use the HH60. I've remember reading that the hh60 was cast Iron and the h60 was aluminum with a steel sleeve. :scratchead::banghead: and i thought the 656 had the h60 engine. HMMM.. I guess I need to do some more research.

I think next time I'll forget about the engine decal.. :banghead::scratchead::? :deadhorse:

Kelly

My 656 had a H60 till I turned it in to a 856 with a kohler, and a few other pieces to make it look correct.

Terry M

My 656 had a H60 till I turned it in to a 856 with a kohler, and a few other pieces to make it look correct.

Nice!Is that one we've seen pics of before?

wheelhorse656

The 656 came with a HH60 electric start and the 606 came with a hh60 pull start. ezz start was the mag and point assembly. You dont have a solid state ignition engine. I can assure you that the decals I posted above in my last post are the correct ones for your engine. all the ballon style decals say cast iron on them because when these engines were built they all had cast iron cylinders..... that changed in the late 60s and early 70s. If you look at the pages inside the 606 and 656 manul you will see the decals I posted links to in my prevous posts.....

Terry M

The 656 came with a HH60 electric start and the 606 came with a hh60 pull start. ezz start was the mag and point assembly. You dont have a solid state ignition engine. I can assure you that the decals I posted above in my last post are the correct ones for your engine. all the ballon style decals say cast iron on them because when these engines were built they all had cast iron cylinders..... that changed in the late 60s and early 70s. If you look at the pages inside the 606 and 656 manul you will see the decals I posted links to in my prevous posts.....

Here is a picture of the correct decal sold for the H60 engine without the words "cast iron". See how it differs from the decal on my HH60 engine. The lower right image in the second picture is for a cast iron 16 HP engine which looks close to the decal on my HH60. I could be mistaken, but I thought somewhere I read that the H60 was cast aluminum and the HH60 was cast Iron. From what I'm hereing, both could be pull or electric start. But that I'm really not sure about that. Maybe some others with these engines on their WH's can give some input to the "mystery".

post-5864-0-38791000-1337216101.jpg

• Like 2

wheelhorse656

You are correct the h60 is aluminum and the hh60 cast iron but when the h60 was fist out they had cast iron bore in them. You can tell bye the picture this is an hh60 thiers no doubt about that. I see what your saying he only has the newer style balloon decal with out cast iron on it...... I have a NOS h60 with the same cast iron decal on the blower housing so the only conclusion is that because they all had iron bores that they put that decal on all of them at first. But besideds that i do know that this is not the decal wheelhorse used on thier tecumseh tractors.......

Look a t5his link of page 4 in the 606 656 manul. http://f1.grp.yahoof...al/page%204.jpg

The top decal is the square indian head decal and the bottem the little dimond shaped ezz start decal.

Terry M

You could be very well right Jordan. Thanks for the info. I was hoping some others would chime in and give their expertice on this.

Coadster32

ezz start was the mag and point assembly.

I thought that the e-z start referred to the compression release on the valve. They put in a small cam off the crankshaft to interfeer with and keep the valve slightly open when starting. (This I learned the hard way :hide: )