Sign in to follow this  
DJ 310-8

Did anyone else make attachments for Wheel Horse..

DJ 310-8

Did other manufacturers make attachments for Wheel Horse's..?? I found an ad on Craigslist with a Cadet, with a Danco trip bucket loader... Beefy little sucker...,and on a 7hp model..!! Did they make them for the "Horse" too..??

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place..., but thought you may all like to have a peek, before it's gone... I did put the link to it in the attachments section...

Think I'll save the pics too... Rather rare I'd say...!!

DMESS

There were MANY allied suppliers who made impliments for Wheel Horse, and yes, Danco did offer these same loaders as far back as 61' or 62'. I've got a literature scan I'll post that shows one of thse mounted on a 702.

combatmp29r

I've seen one of those mounted on a Sears Suburban at one of our members houses.

OK let me edit this after going and looking at the craigslist link. Its on a cub at one of members houses and is for sale on craigslist B) . For anyone that doesn't know Greg Morgan is pond19552003 on here.

DMESS

Take note to the list price.

whdanco.jpg

whdanco2.jpg

Here's one that was mounted on a 702

danco.jpg

CasualObserver

Yep... many, many suppliers in the Allied Attachments catalogs... here's just a few

General Corp

Fliteway Sales

Ark Manufacturing

Mars Industries

Brinly

Haban

Amerind-MacKissic

Roxy-Bonner

Danuser Machine

EZ Rake

York Rake

Hudson Sprayers

and many many more..... come to think of it... didn't someone post a while back asking whether there was ever a post-hole digger for Wheel Horse? I'd forgotten about this one until I went back through this catalog real quick. This one was listed as "for the GT-14 only" so I assume that's just because there wasn't a super C or any D series yet! This is another Danco (Danuser) product.

postholedigger.jpg

CasualObserver

That's an awesome piece of literature Dustin! Please post it over in the lit gallery so we don't lose that one! (and any other cool stuff like that you might have! B) )

combatmp29r

Yep they sure did Jason. The original thread is here Part way down I had a link to the same auger for a JD 140 from WFM didn't know there was one for aWH. Pretty cool

CasualObserver

Thanks Joel... I updated that post too.

combatmp29r

No problem Jason. No mini soilmovers in that catalog were there?

Dustin, can you email me the original scans of that literature? I'm going to be starting a loader for the V18 this fall and any and all pics and info I can get help finalize the plans.

CasualObserver

Dustin, me too please (if you're emailing!) B)

and no... sorry, no mini soilmovers. I can put you in touch with a guy who has one though and built his own. (I think you may already know who I'm talking about!, now that I think about it)

Nick

Been a while since I saw it but there was a yahoo group with literature scans of Johnson Workhorse model loaders mounted on a Wheel Horse. I think it was on an 857 and maybe a 1054. That would be a nice size loader to copy and build. Anyone have scans of that one?

combatmp29r

Jason if your talking about Mark Jackson yep I know him. I have a few hundred pics of his, and measurements of every piece on it. I'm in the process of building one of my own. Well when I find time again B) Nice to have literature on them though. Hard to believe they only offered it for the JD 140.

TT

How about a 1045 with a (?) "Midget 10" loader?

1045loader.jpg

Or an 855 getting a lift on a trailer behind a 1964 Ford Galaxie?

trailerWH.jpg

Curmudgeon

I wonder....... to expand on this question, aftermarket people also offered attachments for sale that weren't available through Wheel Horse.

One I know for sure of is Bachtold.

DSCF1448s.jpg

Nick

To expand things even farther, what about aftermarket attachments from over the pond. They got some nice items overseas also.

Rear pto attachment to drive a hydraulic dump cart.

th_raiderptodump.jpg th_raiderpto4.jpg th_raiderpto3.jpg

DMESS

The 1045 is SUPER COOL! B)

Curmudgeon

Various attachment suppliers could almost be another form of Never Ending Fun!!!!!!!!!!

DJ 310-8

Geeze..!! I go play in the shop for a few hours, and look what you guys come up with...!! Amazing...!!

Boy would I like to have one of those front mounted brush mowers...!! Sure would be handy to trim around the fence in the horse pasture..., and get clear into the corners..!!

Guess I'd better get some of the big iron out of the barn, before bringing in more..., LOL!!

Thanks for all your input..!!

CasualObserver

Nice to have literature on them though. Hard to believe they only offered it for the JD 140.

Joel, Have you tried the company? I never have followed up with it, but I did look them up one time. Here's what's currently out there. p.s.... if you get anything, please send me a copy!

Orthman Manufacturing announced today the acquisition of the SoilMover Scraper Line from Automatic Equipment of Pender, Nebraska.

The acquisition is consistent with Orthmans' continued expansion into the agricultural and construction earth moving markets. The SoilMover name has been actively marketed since early 1940 in both markets.

The new scraper line will compliment the existing line of Orthman Agricultural and Industrial Scrapers currently being produced at the Lexington Facility. The product line will be marketed under the Orthman SoilMover name.

All manufacturing will be relocated to the Orthman South Plant-Industrial Division located in Lexington, Nebraska. Full production ramp up is scheduled for late Fall this year.

For more information, contact Orthman Mfg., Co., Inc. at 1-800-658-3270 or write to 75765 RD 435, Lexington, NE 68850. You can visit Orthman on the web at www.orthman.com.

combatmp29r

Jason no I haven't contacted them. I did pull some info off of WFM site in the form of a dealers brouchure for the hydraulic version. I've never seen anything for the trip roll over style like Mark had and I'm building. I'll have to send them an Email and see what happens. I'll try to get a copy of the brouchure posted on here.

DJ 310-8

Come to think of it... We did have an attachment at home for the ole' 553 I didn't see here... Pop traded in his DB two wheeler on the 553.. Big mistake...!! That was the best cultivating tractor we knew of... The rigid rear mount cultivators plowed out more corn then we cultivated with it...

So we improvised.., and bought numerous old 7 shovel horse cultivators, and pulled them behind. Pop even shortened the shanks on a 5 shovel set, and made a belly mount set, so he could cultivate by himself... It was alright for short stuff just coming up... Mostly we used the 7 shovel sets...

We'd just putter along, and he would holler "whoa" to stop..., in case we covered something... He would pull back on the cultivators when he was ready to go... Just like the ole' work horse.. When I heard the clank in the hitch ring, I'd go again...

Twice..., I ended up back on the handles, with the 553 on top of me... Talk about traction action...!! Hit the end of the row, where the plow furrow wall was... A little climb out, and hard dirt... Those lil' Firestone ag tires bit, and over she went..!! Second time was pulling a single shovel 'tater plow... Hit a tough spot..., and I was looking up at Jesus... Let me tell you..., that center adjusting strap on the cultivators.., does not feel good in the middle of your back...!! LOL!!

DJ 310-8

Are these anything like the soil movers you're speaking of..?? These are a couple I have, for my bigger toys...

There is no tag on the old drag type, so no idea who made it... The other one was made by Overland in California.. Made to be used behind the little 2 plow Ford's and Fergusons... And had to be way too much for them...!! 1 1/2 yd. capacity...

I pulled it with an "M" Farmall with a .060 overbore kit in it..., and aftermarket 3 pt. hitch... I had to add a big wheel weight to the side frame to keep the front wheels on the ground..!!

With a "Fast Hitch" subsoiler on the Super C, and that little scraper, I can move quite a bit of dirt, for the projects here on the little farm...

Sold the ole' M, and pull it now with a Ford 2000... Makes her squat.., and all it wants...!!

Let my uncle use it in W.V. to move some dirt around his pond, after they cleaned it out... He planned on using his 35 Fergie to pull... Didn't want to break it...I warned him about it may pull the front wheels off the ground.. He kinda' scoffed... A week later he called.. He hooked into some mud underneath, and Fergies nose went straight up..!! He caught the clutch with his right hand... That's how far up it was..!! He took it to the barn, and hooked it to the 285 Fergie... Seemed to be more suitable to pull it...

Well shoot.. Tried to add the pics, but won't go.. I'll try in another post...

combatmp29r

OK here is the brochure for the mini soilmover made for the JD 140

soilmover1.jpg

soilmover15.jpg

Here are pics of the rollover trip type Mark Found,

soilmover18ee.jpg

soilmover2.jpg

And here is the improved one he built and sold, this is also the one I measured and have pics of. Mine is improved in a few more areas still. Its done on paper, just have to finish the actual steel version B)

soilmoverdual.jpg

soilmoverdual20.jpg

DJ 310-8

I tried to dowload a pic of a larger version I have... Won't go for some reason.. Yup..., if you actually use one of these... Put lots of weight on the front..., or a set of trucks under the tongue..., if you have AG tires...!!

combatmp29r

I plan to use it behind the V18 when they are both done. Right now it has 175lbs of suitcases style weight on the front. Now ofcourse its missing many important parts yet, but it should handle it fine when they are both done.