Sign in to follow this  
billsfan60

SOME HELP FROM THE SMART GUYS

billsfan60

Tried everything I know how (which isn't much) to ID the spindles. Finally got the pics to load. Anyone able to put a part number with these things.post-6468-0-18393000-1331996529.jpgpost-6468-0-98027900-1331996545.jpg

Sparky

Can you show us the deck they came out of? Was there a model# on the deck?

Mike...........

PS.....I'm not one of the "smart guys :grin: .

Don1977

Those are 3/4" keyed spindles with the large hex brazed to the spindle shaft. Don't know any Wheel Horse numbers I have used a couple of these spindles assemblies. I replaced the bearings with "Federal Mogul No. 203-RR12 bearings. The spindle housings are the same as the newer metric assemblies becaused I used one to repair a damaged metric spindle assembly on my deck.

billsfan60

The deck is a 95-36MS01. Managed to find the parts at parts tree...BUT...while I was waiting for some responses from you guys I pulled the nose spindle apart and found that both upper and lower bearings had come apart in the housing pretty well trashing the shaft and jamming the races into the housing itself. So now I need a whole assembly. If anyone has one laying around let me know. If not I'll go over to the classified section and put up a WTB. Here's a picture of the spindle for reference. The spindle I need doesn't have the big hex nut on it, it's the one for the double pulley.

post-6468-0-85061600-1332007204.jpg

MikesRJ

The housing is 107448

The spindle shaft is 107998 (replaces 107446)

Here's the rest of the breakdown

::

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=95-36MS01%2C+36%22+Side+Discharge+Mower%2C+1979&dn=810121-21R10003-0002

Forest Road

PM sent