Sign in to follow this  
whc160

K-341 TLC

MalMac

If you want to use OEM parts. go online at OPE Engines, you will find that they will almost all the time beat anybodies price on Original Kohler parts. Plus when you get over a certain amount shipping is free. Not hard to get to the free shipping amount.

whc160

I did get into more money than just the normal rebuild. I got all of the new throttle linkage pieces I could get. The old ones were worn. Plus new valve guides & throttle shaft kit for the carb. Those little things really added up quick.

bowtiebutler956

Thats a fact! My B-80 nickle and dimed me to death, but it was worth it. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

can whlvr

ya thats true,it adds up,but to have a new 16 hp single kohler,worth every penny :thumbs2:

whc160

It's back in the tractor. :happy-partydance: Should be running tomorrow. Here are a few more pics.

7009900903_ec6e43e1f6_m.jpg

6863787290_302262a1e2_m.jpg

6863787252_5cb56e7635_m.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Very nice. :thumbs: I really think I need a C-160, every time I see a K-341, I can almost hear them calling my name. :ROTF:

Flatheadpuller

Balance gears are bad news. Especially if you did not replace the pins and bearings. They do not need to be there anyway. The crank bob weight is huge on the 16 crank. The engine is way overbalanced to start. I remove the balance gears from every kohler I do. I have had numerous singles balanced for during engine builds for pullers. You will not notice the difference in the way it runs with them in there or not in there. The rotating assembly is the same wether the engine has balance gears or not. I would take them back out. You have spent alot of money on a rebuild. The balance gears will knock when they wear. When the needles fall out of them it will make alot of bad noises and damage alot of parts.

just my .02

whc160

Well I got it running on Sat. Sounds great & runs smooth. I have a few more things to do to the tractor & it will be ready to mow. Dad needs to mow his yard so I have to loan him one of my 160s till I get his finished.

Flatheadpuller

I know there are alot of opinions on the balance gears that can add up to a big can of worms. I talked to three local builders that have been doing it for years & they all said they put them back in with no problems. I also looked up the topic on RS. I then based my decision on what I had found.

whc160

Finished Dad's tractor today & took it back to him. Mom can't wait to try it. I fixed up the steering, welded in a trans plate, new trans seals, new trans oil, & fixed the hubs. With all I have done it should be like a new tractor again.

bowtiebutler956

Your a good son. I hope my kids take care of me the way you take care of your dad. :thumbs:

• Like 1

whc160

Your a good son. I hope my kids take care of me the way you take care of your dad. :thumbs:

:text-thankyouyellow: Dad bought the tractor new in the spring of 76 and it is a 75. I grew up on this tractor and that how the addiction got started.

• Like 1

massey

Nice job, love those C160's. :handgestures-thumbupright: