Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

Ready for snow !

meadowfield

The title says it all ! finally fitted my snowplow and am waiting for the snow.... we had a big downfall last night, but it didn't settle in the valleys. Hopefully the temperature will drop and we'll get some northerly winds :)

readyforsnow.jpg

Stigian

No sign of snow down south yet, the temperatures are forecast to get a lot colder over the next few weeks, so you never know if the "white stuff" is going to turn up or even fall from the sky :)

Sparky

This might be a record year for us in Connecticut for the least snow in a season. But I'm not complaining. I just want one or two snowfalls to give the tractors a workout, unlike last year where we had significant snow weekly!

Mike........

wesley

Noooo keep it up north am hoping for a early spring want to build my mower, have no time to build snow plough to , stigian will have to clear mine to .

wes

AMC RULES

If I hear of any coming this way, I'll gladly send it across the pond to you guys. :banana-skier:

Anglo Traction

Your gonna get some more Mark!, so the forecast says. None forecast for the South East and a balmy 7 deg C !.I'm happy with that.

I reckon your Tractor look's quite Cosy in the New 'Man Shack'/Stable Mark, may not want to come out of it into that cold white stuff.

It's almost a 'Given' that we end up getting whatever weather you Guys have over the 'Pond' in the East Coast States, usually about a week later. Only not so bad.

wheeledhorseman

We've had the novelty of snow in the south during the last two winters - enough for the time being so I think this year you can keep it up north.

If it goes below zero but you don't get enough to try out the plough then build a snow machine!

Check out 'How to build a snow maker machine' on Youtube.

If I get time I may even have a go at building one of these - its pretty simple. Water, compressed air, and a few plumbing fittings.

Andy

AMC RULES

We've had very little on this side this year, and I'm not complaining about it either. :beer:

neil

I hope we get some white fluffy stuff down here in the south west as i could do with a bit of time off work to catch up on a few things

but you can have the majority of it Mark up in t North.

but i do agree , it would be good to try out the ploughs

farmer

Snow..... snow, you say..... I laugh at snow.... Ha Ha Ha,

actually I'd quite like to see some, got a new wear strip on the plough, a salt spreader, heavier weights and a "new" snow tractor, I think the 312 is a tad faster than my old 518 so I'll be able take on any snow at a gallop rather than a canter. :P

snowready001.jpg

Stigian

Noooo keep it up north am hoping for a early spring want to build my mower, have no time to build snow plough to , stigian will have to clear mine to .

wes

It would be a pleasure to clear snow for you Wes, not quite sure how I would get my 'orse and plow to you though, our pick-up truck failed it's MOT on.. Well just about everything!!

It's looking like we might wake up to a dusting of the white stuff in the morning.. We shall see..

It's might be good job that I have found all the missing parts for my snowplow :thumbs:

rexman72

does conn get much snow in general.A few years ago we got 125 inches for the year.

This might be a record year for us in Connecticut for the least snow in a season. But I'm not complaining. I just want one or two snowfalls to give the tractors a workout, unlike last year where we had significant snow weekly!

Mike........

Lars

Well i got snow :)

IMAG0411.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG0408.jpg

meadowfield

thats cool, but not fair ! :( I've been out with the plough, but only to move my 2 ton trailer of logs...

tractortrailer.jpg

I need wheel weights ! if you look closely in the bottom corner there's a smidge of rubber from the back tyres...

It really did not want to push that much weight :D

Sparky

does conn get much snow in general.A few years ago we got 125 inches for the year.

Mike........

We average about 30-50 inches a season. Last year we got way more than 50 inches but this year we will struggle to hit 30 inches if the season continues the way it has been.

Mike.....

wh1257

it snow in belguim I can testing my snow blower

Stigian

With maybe quite a bit of snow forecast for overnight tonight the time had come to dig the snowplow/blade thingy out today.

I've not used the blade for maybe a couple of years, so I thought now (or tomorrow) is the time for some seat time fun :)

The A-frame part of the plow on the bench for a quick bit of "fix it" welding.

P2031554.jpg

Rob cutting a new pivot lock bolt.. No idea what happened to the original one :confusion-shrug:

P2031561.jpg

Bit of a tight fit on the bench me thinks!!

P2031562.jpg

I was a bit shocked to see how "kicked in" the blade looks.. It's worse than it looks in the photos :eek:

P2031563.jpg

Rob having a seat in the garden :)

P2041569.jpg

But would the 312 fit back in the shack with the blade on???

Just!! :handgestures-thumbup:

P2041573.jpg

P2041575.jpg

A "Ski-Horse anyone?? :UK:

P2041577.jpg

Raider10

post-6158-0-66290300-1328385135.jpg

Getting ready to restore my plough but wont be ready for any snow this year.

meadowfield

I've already had a stint ! I can see why the blades kick forward now! pesky hydrants and manhole covers...

Stigian

Well.... The snow arrived overnight, not that much only 6 inches, but more than enough to have some "snowplowin fun" a bit later :D

DSCF3081.jpg

meadowfield

IMG-20120205-00103.jpg

well it definitely works! but I do need some chains, once i get a job pile on the front it's easy to lose traction :icecream:

neil

Great pic Mark , shame the car was in the pic as that would have been a timeless picture, great picture however . :)

meadowfield

Great pic Mark , shame the car was in the pic as that would have been a timeless picture, great picture however . :)

horseinsnow2.jpg

hows this Neil? timeless enough... :ychain:

• Like 1

farmer

Picture perfect Mark. :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Some really nice picts guys, almost makes me miss the snow we never really got this year...NOT! :teasing-poke:

• Like 1