Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Scored a "black hood" today

Rollerman

Sometimes you get lucky & a deal comes along.

Seems like I'm useing up all my Horse hunting luck fast too with the 867, Indy 500, a parts tractor & now this C175.

I'm not a big fan of blackhoods or series one KT17 Kohlers, but at the price this was listed for I went for it.

Overall the tractor is in great shape, decent paint, fenders not broke, steerings tight, everything looked real good.

It's been sitting unused for several years, so I didn't know if or how the engine would run or if the hydro would work....it rolled pretty free?

So after looking everything over I put some gas in, put in a battery after some cranking, primeing it fired right up & runs great.

Next step...road test.

The DCL seemed to be a little sticky (probably from sitting so long)...the hydro seems plenty strong though.

I have a C160 in the shop now I'm getting ready for winter work, after it's out I'll bring in the C175 for a service & cleaning.

2012-01-05_12-14-06_675.jpg

2012-01-05_12-14-25_87.jpg

2012-01-05_12-14-37_710.jpg

2012-01-05_12-14-47_265.jpg

2012-01-05_12-14-13_222.jpg

520HC

Stephen I saw this on CL. Thought it was a good price too. Glad to see you get it.

Sparky

Nice score (I love the Blackhoods myself) . That seat looks like it has plenty of padding, is it comfy?

Mike............

Kelly

Pretty nice looking, the black hoods are growing on me.

sorekiwi

Damn Stephen, you must have a barn at the new property to store all the tractors! Dont think you'll have room for my 1267!

Nice score :thumbs:

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Good job i scored one of those last year with a ark loader on it and I love it. good luck with it.

Jake Kuhn

Very nice find! :handgestures-thumbup:

Road-Track

The Black hoods will grow on you! Nice find!

Don1977

Good looking tractor. I like the Black Hoods, lots of room under there for a bigger engine. I don't care for the rear fenders, if I had one I would put fenders off of a C-Series on it. Some one did that here and it improved the looks 100%.

Rollerman

Stephen I saw this on CL. Thought it was a good price too. Glad to see you get it.

Thats the one, I think the sellers were a little upset with there priceing.

I couldn't give them the money fast enough while I pushed it on the trailer.... :hide:

Nice score (I love the Blackhoods myself) . That seat looks like it has plenty of padding, is it comfy?

Mike............

Mike the seat is comfy & sets up a little higher...good for the longer legs.

Good looking tractor. I like the Black Hoods, lots of room under there for a bigger engine. I don't care for the rear fenders, if I had one I would put fenders off of a C-Series on it. Some one did that here and it improved the looks 100%.

I had a C125 A that had a busted fender on it when I bought it.

A 300 series fender made a nice replacement.

I havn't seen to many blackhoods that didn't have a broken fender....this one will probably stay as is with some cleaning, touch up paint, replace the missing decals & new rubber.

Even though it came with a nice 42" deck I'd like to find a 48" deck & use this one for mowing duty next summer.

• Like 1

Giles

I have owned a C175 for close to 30 years. When I first noticed cracking of the rear fenders---around seat mounting---I reinforced the fender/seat assembly with 2" light weight angle iron and extended it past the fenders and installed a rear bumper for mounting my spray rig.

P3110004.jpg

The Tractor is original except for seat, tires, belts and blades.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::thumbs2: Nice looking worker it should serve you well . T/Care and get plenty of seat time Gary B.................

Rollerman

Since it's been such an unseasonably warm weekend, I thought I'd get the C175 out for a bath.

I'm pretty stoked about this one since it's so clean, well taken care of by the PO & in original condition.

The front tires will need replaced (it has a loaner on the one side) & a new decal on the right side to replace the missing one.

Pics after bath...

2012-01-08_15-27-30_870.jpg

2012-01-08_15-27-14_706.jpg

mack 904

Nice score Steve, even if you did get it right out my back door. Maybe I'll be the first caller next time. Good luck with it, Denny.

mack 904

Did I mention that I was picking up a free Raider 12 when you were calling about the C-175?

mnWHfan

The black hoods can look nice when they're cleaned up. This is the C175 that my dad bought new in 1982 and we used it for mowing every year. I redid it last winter and mowed with it all summer. I also replace the fiberglass rear fender with the steel one for two reasons: it had a big chunk missing on the right-hand side from where my mother drove it into the parked combine and the other reason is because I never thought that it looked right on the tractor. The fenders used on the newer tractors have a shape that looks like they belong with the hood. I also had vinylguy make me a special decal for the rear fender.

DSCN6291.jpg

DSCN6267.jpg