Sign in to follow this  
bambooheels

other shows

bambooheels

went to my first wheel horse show last week, wow it was great, im addicted. was wondering if anyone has info on other shows, dont really have to be wheel horse, just engines and old tractors are fine witrh me. any info or web sites would help. thanks guys :whistle:

TT
THIS ONE is coming up in September. It's probably about a 4 hour drive from you, but at least it's 4 days long and pretty close to some other points of interest. (Like HOOTERS :whistle: )

kj4kicks

THIS ONE is coming up in September. It's probably about a 4 hour drive from you, but at least it's 4 days long and pretty close to some other points of interest. (Like HOOTERS :whistle: )

PLUS, there is a rumor floating around that there will be several RS members there.

YAAAAAAAAHHHH !

DMESS

Chew on this little list for awhile! It's more than one page.

Show dates/locations

BadDad

Thank you DMESS. I now have some shows to go to here in Texas.

DMESS

Thank you DMESS. I now have some shows to go to here in Texas.

Your welcome! Plenty off good stuff ALL OVER the country.

Nick

I buy the Farm collector show guide every year but they have an online listing also.

Online Show guide

BPjunk

The next show for me will be in Berryville, VA. at the end of July and then we had to the summer show at Portland, Indiana the third week of August. :whistle: In September we have our big show in Richmond, VA, last year Jerry and I had 28 Wheel Horses in our exhibit alone! :WRS:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

bambooheels

hey guys thnks for all the info, im just now fnishing my 854 restore, would love to show it somewhere. VA isnt that far from me, maybe ill make the trip :whistle:

BPjunk

Berryville, is a stones throw away from Winchester up in the northen tip of the state, it takes me longer to drive there then it does somebody from York PA! :whistle:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Buzz

Here's a few 3 and 4 day shows in Eastern PA for you to consider:

July 11-13 Fawn Grove Olde Tyme Days, Fawn Grove PA (right on the PA-MD border) Antique garden tractor pulls on Fri, garden tractor racing on Sat.

www.citizensvfc.com

July 18-20 Jacktown Show, Bangor PA (near Delaware Water Gap)

www.jacktown.com

Aug 13-16 Rough & tumble Threshermens Reunion Kinzer PA (on Rt 30 in Lancaster County)

www.roughandtumble.org

I've been to all of them and they are great. good food ,entertainment, flea market, and shade :whistle: Did I mention good food? :WRS: ........ Garden tractors are in the minority but are welcomed. Not sure which ones I'll make this year being we're short handed at work, but gonna try for jacktown and rough and tumble.

kj4kicks

Here's a few 3 and 4 day shows in Eastern PA for you to consider:

July 11-13 Fawn Grove Olde Tyme Days, Fawn Grove PA (right on the PA-MD border) Antique garden tractor pulls on Fri, garden tractor racing on Sat.

www.citizensvfc.com

Aug 13-16 Rough & tumble Threshermens Reunion Kinzer PA (on Rt 30 in Lancaster County)

www.roughandtumble.org

Thanks for the list Buzz. Both of these are about 45 minutes to an hour from me. I'm sure I'll see you at both of them !

Best thing about the Fawn Grove one is that it supports the local Volunteer Fire Dept.

Teddy da Bear

and then we had to the summer show at Portland, Indiana the third week of August.

I did not know about a show in Portland. What is it about? Garden tractors?

Is is strickly a show or a swap meet included?

I have a show here in august sometime in Jones Michigan. Suppose to be hosted in part by the vintage garden tractor club. I have to locate that flier.

Jim_M

Mike,

The Portland show is huge. You'll see everything from garden tractors to steam engines. It used to be mainly big tractors, but there are more garden tractors every year.

Last year I saw quite a few Wheel Horses. I'm betting there were some guys from Red Square there, but I didn't know them at the time.

There is a large swap meet area also.

Jim

Buzz

Thanks for the list Buzz. Both of these are about 45 minutes to an hour from me. I'm sure I'll see you at both of them !

Best thing about the Fawn Grove one is that it supports the local Volunteer Fire Dept.

Here's one might not be tooo far from you :whistle: :

www.mengesmillssteam.com

Never been there but wouldn't be too hard for you and Dustin to check it out.

Nick

Mike, Portland has a swap meet in October also. Here is the Portland show web site with info on the show, swap and some pictures. http://www.tristategasengine-tractor.com/

Teddy da Bear

Thank you Jim & Nick...

I am there as soon as I look at the dates in the link you gave me.

I would love to get my electric horse working and show it there sometime.

I saw a disclaimer on the show website. It says for "all riding vehicles" you need to present proof of insurance. Good Grief! How do you get insurance for riding a golf cart, tractor or homemade puddle jumper for an event? I understand the liability aspect of it. But there were kids recklessly riding all manner of vehicles at the earlier swap meet.....I am pretty sure they were not insured.

I have just never heard of this before.

Also we need to come out with a simple pin/button that can be worn to these shows and swap meets so we can recognize our fellow members of RS.

thanks again.

Nick

Never taken tractors to the Portland show but I believe they are big on not driving around in the show area. I think its a bit less controlled in the swap area but you might want to check on that.

I forget the whole story but I had heard Portland stopped a veteran from riding in on something but after some threats of legal action they had backed off on the practice. That might just have been a rumor though. :whistle: