Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorsekid

Muffler Silencer

wheelhorsekid

Does anyone know where to get a good silencer for the muffler? I have a C101 and a C160. I'm young and my hearing is already going and I want to preserve what I have left. I don't want to ride my tractors around with ear plugs, although this may end being the best route to go. Someone told me to get flex pip and extend it from the muffler and this will help. Are there any better options than flex pipe? And maybe some that work better?

Any help and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

You may want to also invest in some ear muff style hearing protection. I use them all the time and they help a lot. Mine are the cheap type from Harbor Freight but I'm going to be getting a more expensive pair that blocks out sound better.

The toymaker

Golf cart mufflers work great.

Also, I use A.O. safety ear phones with a radio built in, love em.

• Like 1

can whlvr

i try to listen to the tunes as much as i can on the tractors :eusa-whistle:

wheelhorsekid

Thanks for the advice everyone.

ben06351

Use protection Every time :ychain: Sound familiar??? Well it applies to your ears as well. As a landscaper I am around these engines 8 or more hours every day and it makes one hell of a difference I can't imagine what my hearing would be like if i didn't... :twocents-02cents: :twocents-02cents:

c161rat

Deer intersection?????? What????? fracture too proud?????Sorry didnt quite make that out.........LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES!!!!! oops wrong forum......thought i was talking to my biker friends!!!!!! LOL

Paul D.

I've seen guys have good luck quieting down generators with crotch rocket mufflers. The first thing every guy that buys one does is rip off the stock exhaust for an aftermarket one so they are cheap and easy to find. I use my iPod.